Chapter 4

You walk back into the kitchen to find the boy sitting cross legged on the floor, a surprise considering there was a nice, comfortable couch only a few feet away “You want to come up here onto the couch?” you ask as you hand him the plate and mug. His eyes light up once he sees what's on the plate causing his ears to twitch and his lips to curl up in a smile. As he began to bite into the first donut you spot two sharp teeth, almost fanglike, peeking out from behind his lips. He thanked you with a smile on his face and a mouth full of donut as he politely declined. 

“So, where are you from?” you ask as, wanting to ease the awkwardness by breaking the Ice, though he seemed unbothered. He looked up with a hesitant look on his face. A sigh escaped his lips and he began to speak “It’s a long story, and to be honest, it doesn’t start with me. See, I’m not from this world, I come from a place called Twisted Wonderland, a world strikingly different from this one. I was a student at the highly prestigious Night Raven Collage ya see, a school for the world's greatest potential mages.” He said this with confidence, honor and a smug grin plastered on his face. “A few months ago a magicless human had been transported to my world, see, this was a big problem cause we weren’t exactly sure how or even why they got here. It seems like the same thing happened but just . . . In reverse.” You take a moment to let all this information sink in, you decide to save the big questions for later and opt for asking him where he’s spent the last few months and how he's survived. Surely someone has had to have noticed how different he is from the rest of this world.