Not Again

"You fight well for a medic." the purple Lasat snickered. Cody tensed slightly before relaxing.

"Yeah, well I bet I could out shoot you anytime." he shot back, a smirk crossing his face. The Lasat's eyes widened slightly, before his eyes narrowed.

"You wanna bet?" he sneered. Cody rolled his eyes and assumed a bored expression.

"Sure. You call your stakes." he replied in a bored tone. The Lasat grinned.

"Names first." he shot back. "Zeb's the name."

"Cody." he stated. "Cody Togjid." he smirked slightly.

"Alright, Togjid." Zeb said, rubbing both hands together. "If I win, I get to mess with you for a day around here, and you have to join the Ghost crew for a week." Cody sighed, but nodded.

"If I win," he began. "Then you have to do what I say for a day, and I get to use your bo-rifle sometime in the future. Just once, but I get to use it." he snickered as the Lasat frowned, but stuck out a hand.

"Deal." his low voice rumbled. Cody shook Zeb's hand and then turned to head back when he came face-to-face with Rex.

"Have a problem, Rex?" Cody asked coldly. Rex tilted his head slightly.

"No."

"You're lying." Cody accused. He regretted saying that instantly as everyone in the hanger turned toward him.

"N... no I'm not." Rex replied, stuttering a little. From behind the nervous clone, Hera's eyes thinned to slits.

"How did you know." she asked. Cody opened his mouth to reply, then snapped it shut. Raising his chin, he pushed his way past them. But the Mandalorian girl grabbed his arm and spun him around, making him face the group.

"Answer Hera's question." she snarled.

"Yeah, Cody." Zeb replied. "What's there to hide?"

"I guessed." Cody lied, but the three rebels didn't believe him. He scowled and tightened his jaw.

"What he means is that we used to work together and I'm not a very good liar around any of the 501st. Especially him." Rex answered. Cody's jaw tightened further.

"Don't say anymore." he hissed through his tightly clenched teeth. His hands began to reach for his blasters again.

"He can say what he wants too." an unfamiliar voice snapped. Cody's frown deepened as a man with blond hair walked over. "Your secret would be nice to know...."

"I'm not telling anything!" Cody yelled. He was shaking and both blasters were going from one rebel to another.

"Put your weapons down, Togjid." growled the Lasat. Cody shook his head, feeling dizzy. He could see both Wolffe and Rex pull out blasters. Or for Rex, a blaster.

"Put those down." he mumbled. Wolffe glared.

"Not this time pal." he growled. Cody's head spun as memories began to pound him thick and fast. He began shaking, both fingers beginning to wrap around the triggers.

"Put. Them. DOWN!" he yelled.

"Never." spat the Twi'lik who had brought her own blaster out of a holster and was aiming for him.

Not again......

The clone began to sweat, fingers refusing to pull the triggers. He aimed one at Rex and the other at Wolffe and prepared to shoot when another blaster shot cracked through the air. Milliseconds later, Cody felt a searing pain in his left shoulder. He gave a soft gasp as he looked down, staring at the wound. He paled as another scene raced through his mind. One, he had experienced 19 years before.