chapter 1: a new day

mc info: name: Akari , age 19, occupation: no job, student at hyakkaou uni, single *physical appearance is left for the reader to decide .

The neon lights of Shibuya illuminated the inside of the taxi as it passed through the city. "It really is a beautiful place, I could get use to this", I say to Kenji, my brother who was sitting next to me. "Yes it is", I look over to him and chuckle as he was so fascinated by the new scenery in the big city.

Before COVID I lived with my mother in New York, and Kenji lived in California with our dad, our parents divorced when we were younger so me and him weren't around each other for a while, I guess that's why he's so quiet, can't blame him . During COVID, the unfortunate death of my mother drove me to live with my father who ended up moving to Tokyo for a job promotion. I went with him so I'd have immediate family near by. So now I'm on the way to my new college called Hyakkaou university.

The taxi comes to a halt

Driver: "that'll be 9000 yen"

me: hey isn't that a bit much? we've only been in here for like 20 minutes if even that long"

Driver: it does not matter, 9000 yen is the price

Kenji: "yeah dude no way in hell I'm paying that much for a 20 minute ride"

Driver: "8000 then"

Kenji: "7000 take it or leave it"

Driver: "argh... fine. get out"

Kenji grabbed our bags and scoffed then proceeded to flick the cab driver off. I lightly push his arm giving him a "behave" look.

"that guy sure tried to pull one over on us", I say to kenji

"yeah, a lot of people try to trick and overcharge foreigners, you gotta play your cards right and learn how to bargain. If you don't you'll be outta cash before you know it"

My attention averted to the school in front of me.
"This is the biggest university I've ever seen", "you ready?", Kenji asks "yeah let's go". The campus is split into five sections, first there's the main building which is the main school building. To the right are the girl and boy dormitories, and then there's the library. There's also sports center where all the games are held plus other amenities like a skate park outside , a pool, etc. I've seen some of the campus a few weeks ago when I went on the open house tour but was on a time pinch so I only saw a little bit before I had to leave.

We walked towards the dormitories, students needed keycards to access the dorms so I pulled mine out and we entered. It was dead silent, probably because there is a beginning of the year party that a bunch of people went to, and those who didn't go are probably in their dorms sleeping. It is 11pm after all. Kenji sat down my bags and helped me set up my side of the room. My roommate wasn't in here so that made things easier. After I settled down Kenji returned home and I started filling out paperwork for jobs near this area. College and a job, my plate is gonna be completely full, I think to myself. Tomorrow I need to wake up at 8 so I can get my meal plan and schedule.

*2 hours later

My eyes flutter open from slight discomfort, I felt a poking feeling in my cheek. (the one on your face) "shit", I audibly say as I realized I fell asleep and drooled all over my papers. After letting out a exhausted and annoyed sigh i set it on the nightstand next to my bed. I check my phone and then get up to get something to drink and as my throat was dry. I got up and walked to the mini fridge which was next to the door. As soon as I bend down to open the fridge

*BANG

It felt as if I was about to pass out, the doorknob hit me right in the face. I winced in pain, I hear three girls talking and I squint to see a girl with straight white hair and blue eyes, a girl with black hair and bangs, and a blonde girl that wore her hair in pigtails, they were all very attractive . I sluggishly stand up as the girl with white hair asks me "oh my god I'm so sorry- are you alright ?" "Well I'm still breathing so if that counts for anything" I respond while shooting her a half smile. "Hi, I'm your roommate, my names Ririka, oh and this is Yumeko and Mary"

Yumeko walks oddly close to you, and she unexpectedly pulls you into a REALLY tight hug, I had a crop top on so I could lightly feel her hand trace my back and down . "I apologize on her behalf", Ririka says. "Again, I'm Yumeko and this is Mary and we are in the dorm across from you, I hope we can be friends", says Yumeko. She then smacks Mary on the arm and gestures her hand toward me "say hi to our new neighbor Mary" "uh hi" , Mary say's unenthusiastically, it's the first thing she said this entire time, I shrug it off since it is like 1:30 in the morning. After some awkward silence Yumeko speaks "it's late, we should go back to our dorm, we will see you tomorrow Ririka and you as well Akari, goodnight!

Ririka closes the door, "sorry about that again, since it's so late we can catch up with each other tomorrow since we haven't had much time to catch up"

"It's fine don't worry about it, and yeah sure, if you want I have to go out tomorrow to pick up my schedule and meal plan, you can come with"

"Yeah sure that sounds nice ! I have to speak with my sister in the student council so we can stop by there to"

"Okay great goodnight"

"Night"

Ririka flips off the lamp and we both dozed off almost immediately.

End of chapter 1