8. Heavy Angst (2/2)

Bastion of sanctuary

It wasn't supposed to end like this, Wilbur noted as the mountains fell around him.

This is the day that everything will fall

He and his family were supposed to live in peace, he added as his voice carried for miles around him.

A look of fear caught in the lightning

His youngest brother held a bow in his hands, an arrow nocked and ready to fire.

Your judgement day is coming once and for all

Techno stood beside him, fire raging around them as they faced the village that betrayed them. Took their father from them.

An anthem of death sings out a cry

They could hear their mother's voice crying out for revenge. He wasn't supposed to have died and she was angry.

A whispering voice invading your mind

Techno's head twitched to the side as his voices screamed for blood, almost loud enough for Wilbur and Tommy to hear.

You're stuck in the web and caught in the lie

They faced the village, who was cowering in fear as they remembered each and everyone of them. The baker who would teach Wilbur to bake with her Daughter, Niki. The hunter who had passed him all the knowledge on animal behaviours, that he later learned some were lies.

All corrupted, so corrupted

They saw Dream, the head hunter who was around Techno's age, stare at them with a look of anger and ferocity.

Uncertain fate and doubt in your eyes

Wilbur's voice carried around them as his head tilted to the side. Their father's hat clutched in his grasp. Tears lining his eyes as he looked around at the village. Niki, Sally and Fundy stood behind the three, safe and protected from the bloodshed about to happen.

Can you escape? Who will survive?

He knew who would survive. Exactly who they want too, He thought as Tubbo and Ranboo were motioned aside by Tommy. His only friends in the whole village, and they would gladly step aside if they could stay with Tommy. They joined Fundy, who was 3, Sally, who was 19, and Niki, who was 18.

No way to remain with all of your lives

Wilbur would get justice for their father,

Is this justice? This is justice!

Wilbur was sure of it. This was their justice and he wouldn't let them take that from him.

Last defender

Dream would be the last one standing, and everyone seemed to know it.

No surrender

Neither side would back down until the other was dead.

Raise your shield, and cry for help

The village had tried requesting help when they had slain Phil.

But no one is coming, no, no one is coming

None had answered their cry for help, and instead worked on defending themselves and hiding away for their safety.

Walk through fire and straight into hell

Techno rushed forward, Tommy releasing his arrow as Sally led the group behind them away. The only people safe were the kids, who had been taken in by other villages when Tommy had asked Wilbur to save the kids. Anyone under 18.