The forest

Gabriel had taken Y/N out of their  home, he began walking towards the forest.

"Hey hey hey! Wait a minute-"

"What's the problem, darling? You aren't afraid of the forest, are you?" Gabriel slightly chuckled.

"What-? No! No way!" Y/N said.

Y/N never liked the forest, not because they were just a pussy, they had a reason. When Y/N was around, what? 8? 6? Their mother would taunt them about the forest being infested with terrifying things. It wasn't the best thing a mother could do at the time.

"So! Whats your name?" Gabriel asked. Y/N was shocked, usually they say their name first.

"My name-? Y/N-"  Y/N said, still shocked.

"That's a nice name, really! You already know my name."

When Gabriel said that, Y/N got butterflies in their stomach, is this real?

Y/N was never particularly interested in anyone throughout their time on earth. No one caught their eye, so why was Gabriel? Everything felt odd.

It felt like hours of walking, Y/N could feel their legs burning. Maybe it was hours. Suddenly Gabriel stopped.

"Something wrong-?" Y/N said, confused.

Gabriel turned to face Y/N.

"Nothings wrong, darling. We're just going to have a bit of bonding time, get to know eachother!" Gabriel said, a wide smile on his face.

"In the forest?"

"Yep!"

Gabriel sat on the ground and pat the ground next to him, a signal for Y/N to sit down. They sat down next to Gabriel and stared into his eyes, they were dull and lifeless. "Am I really gonna date an alternate?" Y/N thought to themselves.

"So! How old are you?" Gabriel said, starting off the conversation.

"I'm 26-" Y/N said, why would Gabriel need their age?

"Good, good! Didn't want you to be a kid! So what do you enjoy?" Gabriel said, looking deeply into Y/N's eyes. This made Y/N a bit uncomfortable, seeing as Gabriel's eyes are lifeless and dull.

"I like reading, basic, I know- I enjoy the outdoors and go on a hike every now and then. Spiritual things- stuff like that." Y/N said, looking away from Gabriel.

"That's quite nice!" Gabriel said, gently hugging Y/N. Y/N was confused for a second but gently hugged him back, they sat there, having a moment of comfort.