Chapter-1

To Cale,

I, uhm, I have no excuse, Cale-nim. I realised that it wasn't supposed to be us from the very beginning. I don't hope for your forgiveness but for someone better in your life.

-Choi Han :)

Cale Henituse's eyes were blank as he read the words in the piece of paper over and over again.

"Son, this..."

Deruth Henituse, his father, looked at his son who wore a black suit, that completely and beautifully contrasted his red hair.

The redhead's face was blank.

It was unknown if it was due to not being able register the words or not being able to accept the words written in the letter.

Was this supposed to be what he would face on his wedding day?

Was it a sin to hope for happiness?

He didn't know.

"Cale...put aside those thoughts." Deruth could see in those blank eyes, swirling emotions that were about to drown his son.

Cale took a deep breath as he stood up.

"It's nothing. I have to get married either way. With whom? It doesn't matter."

This was his reply to his father's previous question, asking him to marry his childhood friend who also happened to be the son of their business partner.

It was a suggestion from the other side saying it would strengthen their familial bonds and save their reputation.

Unknown if it was truly genuine or not.

It didn't matter to him anyway.

As such, Cale Henituse, now, was to wed Alberu Crossman.

****
"You may now kiss the groom."

Cale's eyes were dead as he looked on ahead without a proper focus.

It wasn't the first time, neither the last time he was going to be touched.

Inexplicably, the thought of being touched by someone he'd only known oh so well, only having the label of 'childhood friend' while spending more than half of their life without even looking at each other's faces, didn't fit well with him.

His lips quivered as his body involuntarily shuddered.

Alberu Crossman, the blonde, looked at the man with soft eyes.

The redhead was dumbfounded when the supposed kiss landed on his forehead as he heard a small mutter,

"It's alright. You'll be okay."

******************************
(366 words)

Hi..?