Chapter-2

The same day, they took off to Paris for their 'honeymoon'.

It was rushed, sure. But they were able to manage due to their statuses.

Boarding the plane, they both shuffled to their seats and the silence spread over.

Especially when both of them didn't have anything to talk about and either looked around or looked at each other without a word.

The silence wasn't that suffocating though.

Cale seemed deep in thought for moment before calling out to the blonde.

"Alberu."

The said male turned to him with soft blue-hued eyes and the full attention the redhead was getting made him turn to the other side as he asked,

"Are you in love with someone?"

Even if he was labelled a scammer and loved to have advantage over others, he wasn't really the trash he claimed himself to be.

Especially when it involved life-long decisions like love and marriage.

Love. Heh.

He didn't realise that his facade was cracking and small amount of heartbreak leaked out of his expression.

"I know you're in love with someone else."

That's why he was startled when, instead of an answer, he got this statement.

He turned towards the blonde who was looking at him with a soft smile, as if he wasn't really bothered by what he said.

"It's a vulnerable time for you, I know and I don't want to take advantage of you, but, would you be willing to give this, us, a try?" Again, that soft voice amde him not know what to think.