Closed Practice

◤━━━━━◥

Throughout the week, Dream and George rehearse whenever they can. Dream practices in the stairway, where he almost got caught by Tubbo. George attempts to rehearse a little in the bathroom, but has to hide when Tommy comes rushing in. Tommy checked himself out in the mirror before leaving, and George avoided him successfully, but it was a close call.

They even get together separately with Quackity, who is more than happy to rehearse with them.

◤━━━━━◥

In the gym, Dream's father coaches basketball practice. Players pass the ball back and forth.

"Let's go guys! Make it sharp! To the chest, come one! Pop it! Come on guys, step with it! Let's go! Come on, move it! Let's go! Come on, guys focus! Focus! Get your head in the game! Move it!"

Dream's father turns to Callahan.

"Have you seen Dream?"

Callahan shakes his head.

Dream's father tosses him a ball, then walks away.

"Again, let's go".

◤━━━━━◥

George bobs his head and taps his foot as he sews a costume. He smiles at Dream, who also bobs his head and taps his foot as he paints prop boxes. Dream stiffens when he notices Wilbur watching. Dream and George look at each other again and resume.

◤━━━━━◥

Back in the gym, practice wraps up.

"That's it guys. Hit the showers. Good hustle!" Dream's father calls out.

The team runs into the locker room, just as Dream arrives in the gym. Sapnap hands him a basketball with a look.

"So, I think I'm going to stay awhile. Probably work on some free throws," Dream walks in sheepishly.

"I'd say that's the least you could do since you didn't come to practice today," Dream's father agrees, stalking away.

Dream guiltily nods his head.

Dream takes a shot, getting the ball into the basket.

Behind him, George approaches.

"So this is where you live your double life, huh?"

Dream turns around with a wide grin.

"Call me Hannah Montana".

George doubles over, and Dream bounces the ball, picking it up and making another basket.

"Can I try?" George asks, and Dream passses him the ball.

George takes the shot and makes it.

"Damn, you're good at basketball too?" Dream raises an eyebrow.

"I once scored 41 points at a league championship game".

"I don't believe you," Dream shakes his head.

"Really? But the same day I invented the computers and the chicken nugget," George smiles.

"Chicken nuggets? What are those?" Dream fakes.

Dream takes another shot and makes it.

"I've been rehearsing with Quackity," George sighs.

"Me too. I missed practice for it. So if I get kicked off the team it's your fault," Dream taunts.

"Hey, I wasn't the one who told you-"

"I'm joking, George".

George steals the ball from Dream's hands, running away.