Chap.1 Lila lies (what a shocker)

Disclaimer: Disclaimer: If you are reading this on any other site than Wattpad or archiveofourown, it has been stolen. Please check out Neverlandsshadow on Wattpad or N3verlandsShadow on ao3 instead.
**************************************************************************

Like the reason for a lot of things changing in her life, Marinette wasn't all that surprised that her being transferred to another class was Lie-la's fault. She honestly should've expected it at this point.

The one thing she was surprised at, was the reason.

"The recent tense atmosphere has created a lot of Akumas in the class, and to break up the tension we thought it could do everyone well to transfer a student out." Caline Bustier tried to sound as cheerful as possible.

Bullshit, Marinette thought bitterly. Her parents agree, she can see it in their body language, but she is so beyond tired of Bustier and her teaching ways at this point. A class change might actually help her at this point.

"Alright." She can feel her parents eyes on her. "I don't mind. It would be beneficial if I only had to do my own work load, after all." The dig slipped out on it's on, but the look on Bustiers face made it worth it. "So which class do I move to?"

Her mother eyes her, and Marinette knows she's going to have to explain the my own workload dig, but at the moment she's letting her do as she wishes.

"Ms Mendeleiev have agreed to take you on as a student." Mr Damocles answers, looking uncomfortable as ever.

Marinette knew full well about the reputation the science teacher held. She never agreed with it.

Ms Mendeleiev was strict, but also fair. She expected her students to do their best, and she'd never (as far as Marinette had seen) put a student down or told them to be nice to the bullies.

"That sounds great. I'll go to her class first thing Monday then." Marinette smiled.

Her mother nodded. "Was there anything else?"

Both teacher and principal shook their heads. "No. That would be it."

             **********************

Her parents sat her down as soon as they got home. The bakery was closed for the day, so there were no costumers to worry about.

"Honey, you only mentioned Lila Rossi being a problem in school." Her mother began. "What did you mean about doing 'only your workload'?"

It definitely was a fair question. Marinette had, indeed, only mentioned Lila, but that was because realizing that Bustier wasn't a good teacher was a recent development.

She spilled the beans. Told them everything, the "be a role model" stuff, the having to keep order in class, the not being allowed to defend herself, everything. The more she talked, the more she figured that the crippling anxiety of not being good enough had to come from being forced into an adult role since she was a kid.

When she finally went quiet she looked at her very quiet parents. Her dad had the remains of a squashed pastry in his hand, the victim of his anger at how his daughter had been treated.

Her mom was slack jawed. She hadn't known, she hadn't seen anything. To find out a grown woman had unloaded all her work onto her daughter-

"Bustier is lucky you've already switched classes."

Marinette knew that her maman was right about that. The clenched teeth was a sure sign of that. "Ms Mendeleiev won't be like that."

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)