Chap. 13 Jagged meets Léa

If you're reading this work on another platform than Wattpad or ao3, it has been stolen. Please read it on N3verlandsShadow on ao3 or neverlandsshadow on Wattpad instead
********************************************************
Léa was happy to follow Marinette to her meeting with Jagged Stone and Penny. The rock star had, apparently, already been in town when he called and wanted a meeting as soon as humanly possible. Marinette, seeing a world of stress in front of her if she didn't finish some commissions first, told him Friday was the best she could do.

"Does he always stay at this hotel?" Léa asked as they entered the lobby of Mayor Bourgeoise hotel.

"Yeah, they let him bring Fang without a fuss." Marinette answered. "They also have nice bathtubs. His words, not mine."

They took the elevator to the fifth floor and, to their luck, were met by Penny right outside the elevator. She was carrying a tray with snacks that Léa grabbed when the plates started tipping. "Let me give you a hand with that."

"Thanks." Penny let her take a few plates. "It's good to see you, Marinette. And your friend, my name is Penny."

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Léa." They put the snacks down on a table in a suite.

"Alright, Jagged is bathing Fang. He'll be here in a minute." Penny smiled. "How much did he tell you over the phone about what he wants?"

Marinette laughed.  "Not much. Just said something about an album and a new outfit." She and Léa sat down on the couch. "So, what's up?"

"Jagged is, as you probably guessed, releasing a new album, but he also-" Penny was interupted by a door slamming open.

"Marinette! My favorite designer!" Jagged strolled in, Fang hot on his tail and arms stretched up like he wanted a hug. He settled for putting his hand on Penny's shoulder and motioning for her to sit down too. "Like my dear Penny was saying, I'm going on a new tour, and I would love some new special pieces. Can you do that for me?"

"Depends. What kind of pieces are you thinking?" Marinette asked, in her peripheral she saw Léa pull out a notebook. "I can do most kinds of clothing you normally use, are you thinking accessories too?"

"Yes! You truly understand!" Jagged was clearly as enthusiastic as ever. "I want three new outfits, a few accessories to them and a cover for the album we're releasing. You know me so well, I'm willing to give you free creative freedom."

"Alright." Léa had written everything down. "When do you need these done? Which ones are the closest in time to prioritize?"

"The tour is for next year, so there's ample time for those." Penny answered. "The album is going to be released in three months. Does that work?"

Marinette nodded. "It absolutely does."

Penny pulled Léa along with her to look at the plans for the tour and Marinette was left with Jagged and Fang. "So, no Bob Roth this time?"

Jagged groaned. "Absolutely not! Never again, the man is hopeless to work with." He shook his head. "Besides, you made such a success with the last album cover and the glasses, he'd have no foot to stand on."

"That's nice to hear." Marinette couldn't stand the guy either.

"I'm surprised you don't have the little blogger with you." Jagged said. "Who's your new friend?"

"Oh, I had to switch classes, Alya and I haven't hung out much since." Marinette admitted. "Léa just moved here. We're in the same class."

"She seems like a good friend." Jagged remarked, oddly thoughtful. "Are you two going to work together on this, because I don't mind, you know? I trust you to not let there be any leaks."