Sisters

Sunday April 24, 2022.

I have only seen season one so major timeline errors, Ian's bipolar disorder isn't mentioned, Gallavich is together svetlana and yevgeny are in.

FYI I have not seen the seasons with those two but I have heard about them so.... let me know if you want more.

This is when they speak Russian.

:———:

My name is Anastasia and two weeks ago I found out my sister was pregnant. It was definitely a shock to say the least.

The last time we talked she screamed at me and left to find a job, which I later found out was prostitution.

I offered her money but she was too proud to take it, must be our Russian heritage.

Svetlana, my sister, is much older than me. We left Russia with my parent when I was five and she was fifteen. A decade will make a lot of difference.

She speaks with a thick accent, whereas mine is barely discernable anymore. When we moved we only spoke Russian, we both still speak fluently.

Svetlana has much lighter hair than me, it's auburn almost red. Mine is dark brown. We haven't always gotten along, but she's my sister and I love her.

A week ago I found my sister was nine months pregnant.

A week ago I found out my sister was married.

A week ago I found out why she didn't tell me sooner.

She told me one day a man paid her to come over, then held her and two boys at gunpoint as  she 'slept' with on of them. Apparently it was some sick way of turning the boys straight.

A week ago I talked to my sister and threw up in the toilet.

Today my sister had her baby and in a week I will be going to live with her.

It won't be easy by any means, but I want to be there for that baby.

ANASTASIA

I walked closer to the apartment door, trying to keep my breathing calm. It felt as though my heart was in my throat.

I took a deep breath before I gently taped on the door.

I listened closely as I heard foot steps approach. The door swing open to reveal my sister, hair running amok.

"Hello little sister how are you, come in, come in." My sister said sweetly.

I rushed in the door giving her a strong hug before separating. I kicked my shoes off near the door.

"I've missed you Svetya, where is the baby I must see him." I am so exited to see that I start to shake lightly.

She smiles and laughs as she grabs my hand and leads me to another room. There is a small crib by the wall. I stepped closed and looked inside. A gasp escaped my lips.

"What is his name?" I asked voice just above a whisper.

"Yevgeny."