Chapter One: A Feeling

The calm, gentle breeze blows through the grass, the perfect morning to start the day. Galtomas was covered with both grasslands and beaches, its inhabitants both wildlife and the local town. Being the only town on world, the town of Vilkin was bustling with many types of folk. The marketplace had what most would see as a light crowd, but the locals called it average. One local dawning grey robes walked through the street, stopping occasionally to check some of the vendors. The man then stopped to examine one of the many trinkets at a vendor's booth, picking up a little statue of what looked like a gungan. "Looking for anything in particular, Martus?" a voice asked, the man looked up to see the three-eyed alien vendor. Martus smiled as he put the statue down, "No. Just looking, Fida. You seem to get new items every day." "Oh, not every day," Fida assured, "but I do get some rare things now and then." Martus turned to look up at the clear sky, breathing in the clean air, "Beautiful day." "Most days here, it is. But what will you do with it?" "I don't know," Martus replied honestly, "maybe some training. Keep my reflexes sharp." Fida laughed to herself, "I don't know why you insist on keeping yourself attuned. The war is over. The Empire won." "So? The Force doesn't let itself dwindle away, so why should I?" Fida shook her head as she organized her stocks, "Whatever suits you, I suppose." Martus waved as he left, "Good day to you, Fida." The gran waved back to the man, watching as he made his way to the end of town.

     Martus sprinted through the forest, breathing heavily as he tried to stay agile. He then got to a group of trees, and he proceeded to side jump off each trunk. He then landed on a think branch, losing his footing a split second before balancing himself. He saw his path ahead: branches that made footholds told him to advance. He took a moment, breathing slowed, and calmed his mind. Then he jump, one after another, his body moved as if he was young again. Suddenly, a wave of cold chilled Martus' body, causing him to lose focus and slip. He fell on his back with a thud, his breath shuddering not just because of pain, but of his mind being poisoned. He heard the voices flood his head, the cries and shouting, the fear he felt. But one voice called out above the others, demanding, "Where are you, Jedi?" Martus sat up, severing his connection, focusing on slowing his breathing to calm himself of this fear. "What just happened?" The Jedi became concerned, worried that this meant his fight was long from over. His senses brought him back from thought, as his hand brushed on something. Martus felt the ground, brushing away the dirt till he found some sort of plated metal, buried partly in the ground. "What do we have here?" the Jedi said curiously. Knowing there was no simpler way to free whatever was buried, he placed a place down in the dirt, reaching out. The ground then began to rumble underneath Martus, the patch of earth cracking up as the object tried to break free. Finally, it popped out of the earth before Martus set it down next to him. He picked it up, and by the looks of it, it seemed to be a small droid. Though it was well preserved, it was missing some parts, and he'd never seen a model of droid like this before. "We'll have to get you fixed up," Martus told the non-functional droid as he stood up, "but not today." He then began walking, carrying his new discovery, "I need some rest."  

(Author's Note:  This is my first chapter in my first full-size Star Wars story.  Please tell me what you think or wish to see.)