Chapter Six

Hey guys, I'm just editing the chapter a bit.

Third Person Pov.

It was a beautiful night out, and Subaru had taken Yukihime to her new favorite place. The *surprise surprise* library. Yukihime was surrounded by a mountain of books.

Subaru Pov.

I looked over to see how Yukihime is nose-deep in another book. I roll my eyes and chuckle. She looks up, looking for the source of the noise and her eyes land on me. She smiles at me and my heart, if it even beat, skipped ten beats. Yeah, as tsundere as I probably am, it's to the point that I can't even deny the fact I've fallen hard for this girl. I don't even think about Yui like that anymore. I'm actually kind of happy for them, not that I'd ever admit it. Ayato doesn't need another ego booster. Everyone met Yukihime last night, and they all know that something about her is different. Thank goodness the triplets haven't figured it out yet. I am not looking forward to when they do.

Yukihime Pov.

I look at Subaru. He seems to be in deep thought, so I get up to get some water. I walk to the back of the library where the water fountain is. The lights back here are out, so it's darker then the rest of the library. I get a weird feeling in my gut and look around nervously. I don't see, hear or smell anyone, so I continue walking. The hair on my arms stands straight as I finish drinking. All the sudden I smell someone approach me. I turn quickly, but they grab both my wrists and cover my mouth. I can't see my attackers, and can't break free. I haven't had any blood in about a week or two, so I'm as weak as a human right now. Normally since I just stayed in my tower it was never a problem. I struggle against them but it doesn't work. I start screaming into the persons hand, hoping Subaru would hear me. But the scream is to muffled for even a vampire to hear from this distance. Deciding I have no other options, I bit their hand. My fangs are only slightly out, so as not to reveal myself. It works and his hand flies away from my mouth, a string of obscenities coming from his. I scream the first word that comes to mind.

"SUBARU!"

Subaru Pov.

"SUBARU!" I snap out of my daze. Yukihime. I run to where the scream came from. I arrive to see one big man holding Yukihime while the other smaller one slaps her across the face. In a matter of seconds, both men are unconscious on the ground and I'm hugging Yukihime.

"I'm sorry....I'm so sorry." I whisper, hating myself. She hugs me, running her fingers through my hair.

"It's fine. I'm alright, see? Thank you for saving me, Subaru." She says her voice smooth and calming. Like an angel's. The librarians finally arrive and ask what happened. Yukihime explained what happened, with me hugging her from behind, scared of what could happen if I let go.

Yukihime Pov.

After that, we leave walking hand in hand. I didn't mind in all honesty, it was taking almost everything I had to keep my legs from shaking. Subaru seemed to notice though, because he suddenly starts carrying me. I curl up in his arms. It's strange. He doesn't give off body heat, but right now he feels so...warm. I yawn, and fall asleep, darkness taking over my senses but not before feeling Subarus chest vibrate with a chuckle. I smile.

Subaru Pov.

She yawns, and I can't help but laugh a little. It's adorable after all. She smiles a little and falls asleep in my arms. I start thinking about what happened. Those two didn't look like your average perverted geeks, so what did they want with Yukihime? 'I better ask Father about this...' We arrive at her tower and teleport to her bedroom. I only really walk around so I can spend more time with her.....yeah, I've got it pretty bad for her. I place her on her bed and pull the covers up over her. I sit on the edge of the bed and watch her for a moment, gently running my fingers through her hair. I feel her grab my shirt, and she mumbles

"Don't...leave..." a single tear falling from her eye. I frown. She's always been alone. I lay down facing her and pull her close to me. She smiles a little and buries herself in my chest. I watch her for a while, and accidentally fall asleep.