Chapter 26

Janine's POV (Jennie's Mother)

It hurts to see your daughter hurting everyday. We're trying our best to make her at least forget her sufferings bit by bit but it's no use. Hanggang sa dumating na she tried to kill herself.

Flashback.

After namin malaman ang aksidente ay nagpumilit ang anak ko na umuwi muli sa Pilipinas kahit kararating lang namin sa New Zealand.

Sa buong byahe ay wala siyang sinabi kahit isang salita at tanging mga iyak lamang niya ang naririnig ko. Minabuti na rin muna naming iwan si Robert sa New Zealand upang may mag-alaga kay Elle dahil wala sa katinuan ang anak ko para alagaan pa muna si Elle.

"Anak. Kain ka muna please. Kaninang lunch ka pa walang kain."

"I-I *hik c-can't eat M-mom *hik."

"Even just a bit dear please." Pagpupumilit ko but she just shake her head. I leave her to be alone for now. I know that she's in so much pain.

After hours of flight we reach the Philippines in the afternoon. Jennie immediately leave the plane and I ran after her.

"Jennie! Wait!" I shouted but she continue on running.

After some time nakita ko siyang pumapara na ng taxi. I run as fast as I can hanggang makapasok na ako ng kotse.

"Hey sweetheart I know what you feel. I understand you but please don't pressure yourself. We will reach there okay?" I said and she just cried on my shoulder.

----------

"What is your connection to the deceased?"

"I-I"m her g-girlfriend. Now where is she. A-and what d-do you mean by d-deceased? She's still here? Right? She's-she's in her room. Right Mom? Right?" She said hysterically.

"Shh... Shh... It's okay baby. It's okay." I hug her and try to calm her.

"C-could you show us where is s-she?" I said to the nurse.

She led us to a hallway and we stop in a room. Morgue.

"M-mom w-why are we h-here? W-we sho-shouldn't be h-here. L-lisa's not here. Let's get o-out of here. It's so creepy."

I look at my daughter with pity. She's acting like a child right now and it's hurting me to see her in this condition.

"M-mom what? Come on."

"Dear I know it's hard but Lisa's not here anymore. She's dead and she-"

"No! Stop! No! She is not dead. She's-she's alive she's in-she's, she, she..-"

"Shh... Shh..." I will try to calm her first.

We sit in the chair provided for a while.

"No matter what happen, we will always be by your side okay? Kayanin mo. Kayanin mo for Elle. I know it's hard. I know it will be hard but we're always here. We're here for you and Elle." I said and kiss her forehead. She's crying hard.