Chapter 4

At school the next day, everything just seemed... Perfect. Like the whole school was on Cloud 9, as if everyone was just... Happy. Because I was happy. Because, well, there was my first party of Lake West Mount tonight! Everything, so it seemed, was going great for once.

I was at this great new school, I had already made some friends, and who knows, maybe I'd meet a guy tonight?

By the time lunch came around, I already knew where to sit; with Ashton, Lexi, and Harper, of course. When I arrived at their table, it looked like they were already waiting for me.

"Hey Kate!" Lexi exclaimed when I sat down. "Hey," I said, giving her a smile.

"So. The party's tonight," Ashton said, sliding into her seat next to me. "I can't wait for you to meet everyone!"

I grinned excitedly. "I know, me too!"

"So we'll go ahead and start filling you in on all the guy, since we're all friends now and everything, you're cool to tell these things to. Right?"

All three heads swiveled around to face me. Of course I wanted to be their friend!

"Definitely."

Ashton grinned back at me, followed by Lexi and Harper.

"Okay, so Brayden and I kind of have this thing... So he's off limits," Ashton winked at me.

"Jacob really likes me, but I'm not sure if I should like him back," Lexi said while looking off into the cafeteria somewhere.

"And me and Colton just broken up. So now I'm single and ready to mingle! We'll help each other get major points tonight," Harper said, giving me a nice smile.

Meanwhile, I was a little confused.

"Points? What do you mean points? Like..."

"Guys?" Ashton finished my sentence. I nodded. Sighing, Ashton pointed to Harper.

"Harper, you do the honors."

Putting on a proud smile, Harper started to explain.

"Well, one guy equals one point. However many guys you talk to in one night adds up to however many points that adds up to. Then, if you dance with a guy, you get three points."

"Kissing is five points," Lexi said with a smirk.

"And anything greater than that is ten points." Ashton finally stated. I could feel my eyes widen. Anything greater than kissing? Like, practically...

Well, I didn't want to think about that.

"Whoever wins the most points at the end of the week gets the charm bracelet," Lexi stated, jingling a golden charm bracelet that was hanging from her wrist.

"You wear it on your right wrist always, and you only take it off for showers and sleep."

Harper nodded feverishly, as if what Lexi was saying was sacred. And, according to these girls, I guess it was.

"Okay. So what does the charm bracelet mean? Any significance?"

"Here, just look at it," Ashton said, yanking Lexi's right arm, gliding her fingers of each charm graciously.

She pointed out each of the golden charms.

"This lipgloss tube symbolizes strength in beauty; the heart represents your succeeding love, of course; the arrow represents your loyalty to the game; the two people kissing means the power of the object of the game; and the crown represents the power of being you. Of being us," Ashton said. I wasn't really sure if she meant it in a cocky way or not, but who cared.

"It's basically a luck sort of thing. It's supposed to help you throughout the week in all of what it means, and hopefully, success in the next week," Lexi summed up, lightly shaking the golden, symbolic bracelet.

"And so far I'm in the lead this week, again," Lexi beamed proudly.

Ashton frowned, and looked to me with hope. "But after tonight, I'll probably win. The cutoff date is at the end of Friday night, because most everything happens on Friday. It's like, The Day of the Game."

"Yeah, and I'm about to get a lot of points, too! I have algebra next with Trace Montgomery, and I'm gonna make him invite me to the party, even though I'm already going," Harper giggled.

I suppressed my laughter. "Wait, so your forcing him to invite you?"

Harper looked hurt. "No, not at all! No, he's gonna want to after the agonizing hour of having to sit in front of my big breasts all period while we're partners. He'll want me to come to the party, which should be at least three points!"

This made us all laugh.

"Omigod, Harper, shut up!" Ashton said laughing, playing punching her in the arm.

"Owww!! What?! I want that charm bracelet as much as you do!" Harper shot back, winking at Ashton, who pretended to blow kisses at her wounded friend.

When the bell for the next period rang, we all walked down the halls together, slowly losing each girl one by one as we went to separate classes.

"I'll see you tonight!" Ashton called out to me as I walked into science.

"Yeah!" I called back.

Tonight was going to be awesome.

*************

A/N

Heyyyyyy! So they explains the rules of the game to her :O ahhhhh.

So really if I get more reads maybe ill update sooner, but on a normal basis, look for updates definitely on Tuesday nights unless I make a special ultimatum. :)

Comment, vote, fan!!!

And make sure to read my other story, "The Two of Them"!!! I update that on Thursdays, even though I've already written the next chapter hehehe ;)

Love you all soooo muchhhh :))) xoxoxo