Chapter Five

Reagan and I had decided to meet up at my house to get ready for the party, mainly so she could see what my house looked like, and also to meet my mom, who then drove us to Lexi's house, where the party was.

"Have fun! I'll pick you up at ten!" my mother called out to us as we hopped out of the car, walking up the stepping stones to the backyard.

"Thanks, mom!" I shouted back.

"The party's usually around back, on her gazebo," Reagan told me. "I'm pretty sure this is the first time Lexi's convinced her parents not to watch us from the grill."

I laughed. "So, we're not being supervised? This is our first real, highschool-like party?" I asked, even though we were already in high school. But, we were only freshmen. All freshmen needed their first crazy party, though, I assumed.

"Yep," Reagan said back, flipping her blonde hair over one shoulder and rolling her shoulders back as we walked up to the steps of the gazebo. Music flooded into my ears and the noises of party people both overwhelmed me and excited me at the same time. It was my first actual party in Lake West Mount, and I couldn't wait to meet some new people!

"Hey, I'm gonna go find some people for you to meet," Reagan shouted over the music that was playing around us.

"Sure!" I called back, anticipating finding Ashton, Lexi, and Harper, who were seemingly around somewhere. Wondering off with my searching eyes, I walked over to the refreshments table, where a few other people were also standing.

"Hey, you're the new girl, right?" a boy with shaggy blonde hair asked me. He was super hot, but I wasn't sure who he was. Figures.

"Uh, yeah," I said, immediately smiling. "My name's Kate."

"And he's an idiot."

Ashton came in between us, greeting me with a happy smile, bidding the guy away. He frowned, upset, and continuing pouring himself a drink.

"Hey!" she said, giving me a tight hug.

I was surprised by this gesture, but returned it politely. "Hey!"

"So that was Guy Jenkins," Ashton explained the boy who was now walking away from the table. "He's a player, I wouldn't get caught up with him. Unless it was for something point related, of course." She winked at me.

I nodded understandingly, turning my head to and fro, oh-so casually looking for any other hot or cute guys around the party.

"Here, come with me, I want to introduce you to somebody," Ashton said, pulling my arm and leading me around the mass of dancing bodies to a group of boys, along with Lexi and Harper. I assumed she was with them before she came and found me.

"Guys, this is Kate. She's new," Ashton introduced me. The guys gave me smiles and approving nods, while Lexi and Harper both greeted me with wide grins.

"Hi," I said.

"I'm Liam," one of them said. He had messy brown hair and blue eyes.

"I'm Jacob," another said, more than likely the Jacob Lexi was talking about at lunch earlier. She gave me a look.

"I'm Alex."

"I'm Leary."

"And I'm Brayden," said a guy with dirty blonde hair that swept over his brown eyes.

I nodded at them all.

Ashton nudged me as they went back to their previous conversation.

"Go tall to Jacob for a little while. I could see you two together later," she suggested, smirking at me. But didn't Lexi already have her sights set on Jacob?