Chapter 3

The week flew by pretty fast, and before I knew it, I was climbing into Ashton's mom's car with her. It was Thursday after school, and we were headed to the mall to shop for something to wear to tomorrow's party.

"So, how was school, girls?" Mrs. Amber, Ashton's mom, asked us.

"Usual," Ashton replied. "Yeah, pretty boring," I agreed.

Mrs. Amber laughed at us. "Kate, what are your thoughts on Lakeshore? It's okay?" she asked me.

"Oh, yeah, it's great. A lot different, but great." She nodded at my answer.

Mrs. Amber continued to make small talk towards us as we drove off to the mall, which was about ten or fifteen minutes away from the school. When we arrived, Ashton and I got out of the car, leaving our backpacks, and taking our purses, phones, and money with us.

"I'll text you when we're almost done, 'kay, Mom?" Ashton called out to her mom as she slowly pulled away from the parking lot. Then, Ashton led me inside the huge mall.

"So!" she said, looking at me excitedly. "Where to? On the next floor there's a Forever 21, Delia's, Old Navy, and American Eagle... And a few other shops I HAVE to introduce you to. But we can go whenever you want first. So. Where do you want to go?"

I thought for a second. "Show me the stores you love. That's probably the best idea," I said to her, laughing.

She laughed too. "Alright, whatever you say..."

Ashton took me up the glass elevators that took us to the second floor.

When we got up there, Ashton said, "There's this really cool store called Inventive. It has, like, model-worthy clothes! And killer heels, too," she winked.

"Awesome!" I said. Killer heels, hmm. My lips curved into a tiny smirk as Ashton led us to the glamorous-looking store, recalling my recent Facebook stalking moment.

As I peered around the store, I could tell, I was already falling in love with this place. There was a whole wall--- and I'm SERIOUS!--- a WHOLE WALL that held only wedges and high heels! Ashton immediately ran over to a cute pair of red, glossy heels that were literally being supported by sticks.

Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped. "Ohmigosh ohmigosh OHMIGOSH!!! I AH-DORE these heels! Now all I need is the perfect mini skirt to go with it, and find a simple throw-on top..." she trailed off, staring at the shoe in her hand and then perking up to smile and look at me. "I'll be back. You go find something cute!!"

She hurried off to the other side of the store, we're there were racks of miniskirts. I lingered towards the party dresses, looking for something sexy but not over the top, something simple, but not like going-to-church simple...

I brushed through the color-coded rack I was currently standing beside. Too many styles I've seen before, easy this, easy that, blah blah blahh...

Until I got to the purples, and was almost positive I had found my party attire.

It was a tight little purple minidress, with dark purple stretchable fabric at the "skirt part", I guess you could say, and for the top part of the dress, and more free purple top with kind of shiny, almost metallic-looking fabric, with no sleeves, and a low v-neck (but not too low...).

It was to-die for.

I quickly grabbed my size and rushed off to find Ashton. She was standing beside a clothes rack full of cute button-down shirts. I made a mental note to come back for the black and white collared one later.

Ashton looked at the dress I found when I came over. Her jaw dropped. "OMG. Kate, you have to wear this tomorrow!!!" She turned my body towards the dressing rooms and pushed me to them.

"Go try that on right now!" She yelled at me as I walked into an empty room. I laughed over my shoulder, "Of course!"

Slipping on the dress in the changing room, I looked at myself in the mirror. Wow! This dress was amazing! Ashton was going to LOVE it.

"Lemme see!" I heard her shout from the outside. With a grin of pride beaming from my face, I walked out of the room, spinning around and modeling in front of her.

Her jaw dropped yet again. "So hot!"

Clapping her hands and squealing with excitement, she said, "Perfect! Ready to pay?"

I nodded.

When we went up to the cashier, I paid for my dress separately while Ashton paid for her own pair of baby pink high heels and a light blue collared dress that barely skimmed her knees, not even finger length.

We chatted as we walked out the store and to the Cinnabun, where we got hot cinnamon rolls and drinks.

By the time Ashton's mom was back to come pick us up, it truly was like we were best friends.

When Mrs. Amber pulled her car to the curb of my house, I said my thanks, grabbing the bags of clothes I had bought, including the dress.

"I can't wait until tomorrow! I'll text you tonight, 'kay?" Ashton said happily, smiling at me. I returned the gesture.

"Sure! See you tomorrow!" And waving goodbye and goodnight, I skipped *not literally* into my house, full of glee and gladness. Tomorrow was going to go by perfectly.

********

A/N

Hey guys! So I wasn't really sure about this story after a while... But once I noticed that there was over 100 READS I couldn't help but drop my jaw as many times as Ashton did in this chapter!!! Lol :)

Thanks so much again for reading! It really does mean so much to me and I PROMISE, I SWEARRRR I will update this story more often. It's gonna be so much fun writing it too!

Also, read my other story The Two of Them :) it's a work in progress! Lol

Comment, vote, fan :)

LOVE YOU ALLLLLL. ;* x

(Really long A/N I know hahaha)