chapter eight

^^ a song we think is fitting

tw: violence & sexual harassment

------

Today is the holiday party.

I'm not sure if it really counts as a holiday party considering it's only going to be Harry and I, but that's what he called it so that's what I'm going to assume it is.

I know Steph told me that there has never really been a holiday party but what if she was just messing with me? I want to believe her but at the same time I don't know if she is trustworthy.

I'm waiting for Harry to text me with more information about when and where it is. All he told me the other night was that it was on Saturday, which makes it today, so I'm preparing for a text from him soon.

I know I tried to convince myself last night that seeing Harry would only hurt me but after taking off my makeup and seeing the hickeys that were littered all over my neck, I realized that my body definitely liked him and it's only right to listen to your body.

I didn't make plans today since I don't know what time I'm going out. I walk over to the kitchen counter and grab my phone, dialing Val's number and wait for her voice to come across the speaker. 

"Hey! It's Val. Sorry I can't talk right now. I'll call you back later. Bye!"

Maybe she's at work. Let me try Athena. I dial her number, waiting to see if she picks up. I just want someone to talk to about the Harry situation.

"Dee! How are you?"

"Hi Athena! I'm doing well. How are you? Can you talk for a bit?" I walk over to the couch and sit down, resting my elbow on the side and my head on my palm.

"I'm alright and yeah. I'm actually on my way to a shift at the bar but until then I can talk. Is everything okay?"

"Everything is perfect. I just wanted some advice on something with Harry."

"Spill."

"Okay, let's start here. Were you invited to any sort of work holiday party for The Velvet Room?"

"Nope," she gasps. "Were you? Those bitches couldn't even have invi-"

"Oh god." I close my eyes and realize that what Steph told me is definitely true. Harry even told me that Athena knew about the holiday party already, just adding to it.

"Am I missing something?"

"Let me try to explain. So you remember a couple nights ago when I disappeared into the bathroom with Harry?"

"Mhm. And you got your shit rocked."

"I almost got my shit rocked. Not quite but I was close. Anyways, right before that, Harry told me that there was a work holiday party on Saturday, as in today, and that he already told you and Val. Then, while we were you know, another girl who works there came knocking on the door for him and I got into a conversation with her."

"Wait wait wait. Backtrack. He works at the club? What does he do?"

"That's what I said! And I have no idea what his job is." I stand up and walk into the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water and holding the phone with my shoulder. "Anyways, the girl's name is Steph and she's super sweet. I ran into her after work yesterday and we went to a really nice restaurant. You would actually love it there, it was super cute-"

"How is this relevant to the story?"

"It's not but anyways she was telling me that there has never been a work holiday party."