Chapter 6

Northern Grimm Wastes. Outskirts of the Beacon Fort. Y/N's POV.

As I prayed, Ursun's voice warned me of something, "Be weary Y/N. The spirit of a man from your mother's past is here, wishing to speak with you. And before choosing the sword, I'd strongly suggest you hear him out. What he has to say is far more valuable than you might first think." The God Bear said to me, making my head rise before I stood up. "Whoever you are spirit...there is no point in hiding away. My God has already told me of your presence, so reveal yourself." I said to the empty woods as I turned around.

But they didn't stay empty for long, as suddenly, an ethereal figure appeared from the trees, wearing Kislevite armor and the wings of a winged lancer, he had a ghostly beard along with his ghostly eyes, and his glowing skin shined a grayish-blue. He also carried a spear with the blade made from ice, and he stood tall and proud, then he spoke, "I do not expect you to remember nor even know who I am, my Grandson." The spirit said, making me flinch in shock.

"What do you want, spirit? And what do you mean by 'grandson'?" I asked, "My name is Boris Bokha the Red Tzar of Kislev, and father to Katarin Bokha. I am your Grandfather, Y/N. I was still alive the day you were brought into this world, but I can still remember that day like it was yesterday, seeing my daughter bore her own child into this harsh and cruel world, how he sprawled and squirmed his way into his mother's arms, and how he gave my daughter love into her once cold heart." Boris spoke with a soft tone in his voice.

I was shocked from his words, before I fell to my knees, giving him the respect he deserved, but he asked that I stand, but I couldn't find the strength to stand before my dead grandfather's spirit, as his words suddenly brought me back to those dark memories, when all I had was pain, a cold and heartless family, and only my adoptive mother and sisters giving me the any form of comfort in my life. These dark thoughts started bringing tears to my eyes, making Boris come down to my level, "You must be thinking of the abuse and tortured you had suffered for much of your younger years. You wish that you could go back and change that time don't you. But you must also know that you can't change the past, all you can do is affect the future of where you are now." Boris spoke with wisdom in his words.

I looked up from my cry before speaking, "What must I do to save Ursun?" I asked my grandfather, "I cannot lead you directly to Ursun, but I can give you and ally to help on your journey to finding him. My old bear mount, Urskin, is close to your army, still hunting for Northern Marauders. He will answer to none but the true heir to Kislev's Throne. Find him and yoke his strength to your cause, give my friend more to the meaningless life that has grasped him, and he will serve and protect you as if you were his own cub." Boris instructed me.

I stood on my feet, knowing what to do, "And when you return home, tell your mother your true feelings for her. She deserves a better husband than your father, and she can't do any better than you." Boris said as he slowly faded away, "Grandfather! Will I ever see you again?" I asked, "Further into your journey. I will always be with you, ever step of the way, I will never leave you, just like your mother." He said before disappearing.

"What now?" I asked Ursun, "Find Urskin. Follow the wind trails, and you will find him at the grave of your fallen ancestor. During your grandfather's last moments upon this earth, he fought with unrelenting ferocity, and upon his death, Urskin continued fighting for his dead body, until the beasts that had slaughtered The Red Tzar were sent fleeing back into the dark, whimpering for their Goddess." Ursun told, and I begun following the wind that blew North, and soon, started trekking far from my camp.

(Timeskip)

I was close to the Beacon Fort, being able to see it from the flames that sprouted from the fort, and the torches that lite the enemy camp. But my attention was upon something else. A large polar bear that seemingly stood guard over a large block of ice that had frozen into the cliff side. Upon closer inspection, it was Boris' body frozen solid into the ice. Even if I freed it, he would still be dead, "I've found the guarded, now where is the guardian?" I asked the cold, quiet forest that surrounded me.