Chapter 17

Don't forget to vote/comment/ follow/ and share with your friends
Enjoy!!

Pan sent Felix and I to collect enchanted wood from the fairy forest. Sweet name, but the forest is exactly the opposite. The fairy forest is more like a grave site. There are no known fairies on Neverland. Felix explained all of this to me on the way there.

"The fairies would go there to die. A long time ago, us Lost Boys weren't 'educated' enough to realize that we were torturing fairies. We thought of them as any other bug. Some of us would pluck the wings off of there little bodies without knowing how valuable they really were. You see, fairies don't make pixie dust. They are pixie dust. I don't know if Pan knew this, he probably did and turned a blind eye to the problem. He tends to ignore other's pain unless he is the one inflicting it. So anyway, what happens is when the fairies know they are too weak to continue life, they would go to the forest and rest until they breathed no more. Eventually the forest grew even more. The nutrients in the fairy remains contained magical properties. The trees became enchanted. Their flowers contains pixie dust. The trees aren't renewable though. Once they die, they die. No one knows of any living fairies. The trees are sacred. The pixie dust is only used by Pan, and the wood is only used for his arrows. We don't mind though. Pan is the most fit to hold the power of the trees."

"Wait...then why is Pan having us go get the wood if he is so afraid of others taking from the trees?"

"He had business to attend to. I shouldn't even be talking to you." He mentioned.

"Then why are you?" I asked.

"I don't know." He adverts his sky blue eyes away from me. He hides his face from mine the rest of the way, but when I turn I catch him stealing quick glances.

It's an awkwardly silent walk. He's acting...weird. Almost as if he likes me. I internally laugh at the thought.

We reach the trees and more than half are blackened and dead. It's a sad scene. Felix takes his ax and starts to slash the tree away from it's base.

"Felix wait!" He stops cutting and looks at me. "All these trees are dead. Surely Pan doesn't need the whole tree. If Pan is worried about running out of the magic in them, then why don't we just cut off a limb?" Felix considers my idea, but he shakes his head before answering.

"It's too dangerous. If the tree is cut from anywhere other than it's base then it could lose all magical properties running within it. We're taking all of it." He chooses.

"But what does Pan do with all the remaining wood? I haven't seen a lot of arrows, and if this many trees are gone then what is he using them all for?"

"it's not just Pan that takes it. The indians do too. There's a tribe on the Northwest side of the island. The weapons forged from fairy trees are the only thing that are able to protect you from other magical creatures, and trust me, there are plenty on this island." He chuckles. The wood protects against magical creatures?

"Does it protect from those with magic too?" I ask. He smirks before answering.

"You don't need to protect yourself from Pan, Angela. He's not going to hurt you."

"How can you be so sure?" I ask.

"I won't let him." He smirks.

I then get a wicked idea.

"You promise?" I say brushing my hand against Felix's.

He's caught off guard, but then he takes the opportunity.

"I promise." He answers intertwining his hand with mine. "But... we have to get this wood back to Pan. He'll be expecting us to get back soon.

My plan is going to work. It's a cliche, but keep your friends close and your enemies closer. The closer I get to Pan's loyal lost boy the closer I get to the monster himself.

WOAH plot twist!! Do you guys ship Felix and Angela? Fangela? Angelix? Leave your feedback/concerns/questions in the comments or you can message me! Don't forget to vote and share with your friends! I love you all! Thank you for reading! Until next time XOXO