Chapter 27

Aaron hasn't been staying over as much anymore and I've noticed that he's been a little distant with me. I don't want to overthink but I'm starting to get a little worried.

I've asked him to stay over but he's just told me that he wants to be with his mom. He told me about her finally divorcing his dad.

Me: can you sleep over tonight?

Aaron: no.

Me: please I miss you.

Aaron: I said no. Stop being fucking annoying.

Me: sorry.

Why does he have to be rude? I feel tears in my eyes and I hate feeling this way. Why is he pushing me away?

Am I being to clingy? He's always told me that he didn't mind it. Maybe he's getting tried of me.

I go to sleep that night feeling heartbroken.

I wake up around three in the morning because my phone keeps ringing. I answer it not knowing who it is. "Hello?"

"Meet me outside." Aaron's says then hangs up. I change into something warm and go outside seeing him inside his truck. I make my way in and looks like he hasn't slept in day.

"What's wrong?" reaching for his hand but he pulls it away. I put my hand on my lap feeling hurt.

"We need to talk." He says with no emotion.

"Okay."

"I can't do this anymore." And just like that I know where this is going. He's breaking up with me.

"Do what?" I ask having nonstop tears.

"Us. This. I can't anymore." He says without looking at me.

"Did I do something?"

"I'm just over this relationship."

"Aaron don't do this please. Tell me what to do to make it better." I plead while sobbing. "You said you would never leave me."

"There's nothing you can do. It's over Penelope." How can he not be hurt by this? Did he even love me? Did he just use me for sex?

I sit there thinking all this stuff and I look down to the promise ring he gave me. It all meant nothing to him when it meant everything to me. How can he lead me on like this for so long?

"Fine." I say. I take off the ring and put it on the dashboard without giving him another look. "Goodbye Aaron." I get out his truck and slam the door making my way inside my house and crying my self to sleep.

It's been a few weeks since he broke up with me and I haven't seen him or heard from him

It's been a few weeks since he broke up with me and I haven't seen him or heard from him. Today is graduation and honestly I just want it to be over so I can go back to my room and cry.

I blocked his number and on everything else. He'll regret doing this to me, to us. I was nothing but good to him. I gave him my virginity for god sake and he threw it back at my face.

I wish he would have talked to me instead of pushing me away. I hate that I can't even have him in my life as a friend. I miss him so much it hurts.

The ceremony goes by slow but we're finally home. Aaron wasn't there and I'm starting to worry as to why he would miss graduation?

It's not your problem anymore Penelope. He broke up with you.

I hear a knock and I don't bother getting up. "Hey." I hear Jacob and I start crying again. "I swear I'm going to beat him up when I see him. You don't deserve this Penelope." I hug him sobbing into his chest.

"I don't even know what i did wrong Jacob."

"You didn't do anything wrong. He's the one who fucked up. He's the one who lost a beautiful and kind girl. You'll regret leaving you Penelope. In a few months your going to heal from this and that's when it will hit him to see you move on."

Oh god move on? I can't.

"Let's watch movies and eat junk food. That's what you do when you go through a break up." He says.

"Thank you for being here." I tell him.

"Always. Your my best friend."

And that's all I need right now is a friend to help me get through this break up.