Chapter 10

"I think I know why he won't wake up." Eileen said. It's been two months, and still no sign of Kellin coming back.

"What?" I slurred, still slightly drunk from the night before, which really only ended for me about two or three hours ago.

"I said, I think I know why he won't wake up. It's simple, really. I don't know why I didn't realize this before..." She looks away, seeming upset about her delayed realization.

"Well, what is it?!" I ask excitedly.

"I think he's been put into a purposeful coma. When we did the cleansing, he was being lifted. It didn't seem like much, but I think the spirit haunting him was trying to 'lift' him into another dimension. His brain thinks he's awake, but he isn't, therefore his body doesn't feel the need to 'wake up,' because he thinks he's already awake." Fuck.

"So, how do we wake him up?" I ask, hoping there is an actual solution.

"Um, well, I don't think there is a way to wake him up. If he thinks he's awake, then he won't wake up. Not unless we keep trying, and maybe get lucky and he's asleep in the world he's in right now. The only thing is, I have no idea what the time is like there. Days could last years, and he could not even sleep at all," she sighs, running a hand down her face. "I really don't know what to do, other than just try to wake him up as much as possible."

"Okay."

I don't sleep anymore. At least, I don't sleep when I have the choice. The alcohol knocks me out sometimes, and other times I just pass out from exhaustion. Most of my days are spent trying to wake Kellin up, and thinking he never will. It's almost time for the twins to be born, how the hell is that going to work out?

"Angel, I really miss you. Please come home," I choke out, feeling tears well up in my eyes. I haven't let my emotions get to me that much recently, but I can feel myself slipping.

"You have no idea how hard it is to get by without you. I'm always here, with you, and the fact that you may never wake up breaks my mind, and my soul, and my heart, and everything." Just then, my eyes fall to the floor and I realize just what's going on. He may never wake up.

Right before my eyes, the whole world loses control, and I realize that I can't take this anymore. I can't take the uncertainty. I can't just sit here and wish he would wake up. We have to do something. There has to be a way to wake him up.

"Eileen!" I yell from my spot on the floor.

"Yeah?" She asks, walking into the room with a concerned expression on her face.

"We have to wake him up. There has to be a way." I sob pathetically.

"I- I don't know, Vic. I mean, I can talk to Rachel, but I don't know if she will be able to help," Eileen walks over to me, dropping in front of my shaking form and wraps her arms around me.

"Vic, it's going to be okay." She whispers.

 "Don't lie to me. I can't take it."

Rachel was supposed to be coming over soon, and to say I was a nervous wreck would be an understatement. She's our last hope, and if she has nothing, then there is nothing we can do.

"She's here," Eileen says, peeping her head into the room. I nod, leaning over and kissing my angels forehead before I exit the room.

Rachel is small, about five foot three inches with short grey hair. She's kind, but I can tell she's witnessed a lot.

"Victor! So nice to see you. I'm sorry for your situation," Rachel says, hugging my softly.

"Nice to see you, too, Rachel. Can we talk about solutions, please? I don't mean to be rude, but I really need my boyfriend back," I sigh, running my hands through my hair and motioning her over to the couch. We sit, Rachel and I on the long couch, while Eileen sits in the loveseat.

"So, from what I understand, Kellin has been comatose for about two months?" Rachel begins.

"Yes, he hasn't so much as moved his hands. We're so worried about him because he's pregnant, and the babies are due soon. I just, I don't know what to do because he's so important to me, and Eileen said there's a possibility of him never waking up, and I just- I can't imagine a life without him," I whisper, near crying.

"I can assure you, there is always a solution. Just tell me a bit about what's gone on, and I'll help you out, I promise," She replies, taking one of my hands in hers.

"Well, basically, we decided to cleanse the house because Jaime thought Kellin was being followed by an Elder. He fell asleep after the cleansing, but we thought he was just resting because it took a lot out of him. After a while though, he still didn't wake up, and I became a mess. I thought the cleansing had worked, but I don't think it did. One day, when I was here alone, save for Kellin, I heard a noise coming from the storage room, so I checked it out. The second I crossed the threshold of the door, though, the noises stopped. I didn't want to believe the cleansing hadn't worked, so I ignored the noises and went back to be with Kellin. Flash forward a while, and Kellin still hasn't woken up, and my mental stability is balancing on a thin wire," I explain quickly.

"What exactly led to Jaime's belief that Kellin was being followed?" Rachel ponders.

"Kellin was being freaked out, and he found wet footprints on the floor when he was home alone. He was so scared, and I didn't want anything to happen to him right after he had told me he was pregnant, so I took him to Jaime and talked with him," I elaborate, hoping this is all making sense to Rachel.

"Alright. May I see Kellin, please?"

"Yes, of course," I lead Rachel down the hallway, straight into Kellin and I's room.

"Interesting," She sighs, looking around and taking note of different things. I'm nervous to have someone else in here and watching Kellin, but I set my anxieties aside for a moment.

"Okay, I think I understand what's going on here, but you may want to sit down," Rachel says, leading us out to the living room.

"So, what's going on?" I ask in a small voice.

"Vic, Kellin isn't the one being followed," She says, confusing me further.

"Well, then who is?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows together in confusion.

"You."

Im having so much anxiety about going to school tomorrow just because.

Thanks for reading

I love you all

Until tomorrow x