1.5. Time to Flee

After that it was easy for me to tell that he'd met Jadis. Especially since he put his guard up. We started to follow his tracks. "Hurry!" Peter shouted. We followed him all the way to the palace, it wasn't safe for us to be there. But Henry was inside.

"Edmund!" Lucy shouted, that was the worst thing she could've done.

"They'll hear you!" Mr. Beaver said while shushing her, Peter than started running but Mr. Beaver stopped him. "No!" He shouted.

"Get off me!" Peter shouted at him.

"You're playing into her hands." Mr. Beaver said, it was hard knowing my brother was in there.

"We can't just let him go!" Susan said to Mr. Beaver.

"He's our brother!" Lucy said to him, we had to.

"He's the bait! The Witch wants all five of you!" He said to us, I knew why she wanted me.

"Why?" Peter asked him.

"To stop the prophecy from coming true. And the Princess so she can stay in reign. To kill you!" He said to us, so after all this time Henry was dead.

"Henry." I said faintly while looking at the palace. He'd been dead this whole time, I wanted revenge now. We saw the doors shut.

"This is all your fault." Susan said to Peter.

"My fault?" Peter asked, yet again I felt out of place.

"None of this would have happened if you had listened to me in the first place!" Susan shouted at him, no matter what happened. The outcome could've been the same.

"You knew this would happen." Peter said to her, but she didn't.

"I didn't know what would happen. Which is why we should have left while we could!" Susan said to him, even if we did like I said this still could've happened.

"Stop it! This isn't going to help Edmund." Lucy said to them.

"And no matter what we did, this still could've happened." I said to them both.

"They're right. Only Aslan can help your brother now." Mr. Beaver said to us, it was time to lose hope for my brother.

"Then take us to him." Peter said to Mr. Beaver.

"I might not be able to save my brother, but we will save Edmund." I said to the three of them, Mr. Beaver than began to take us back. We had a long journey to prepare for I could only imagine. It wasn't long until we heard howling, we had to the run back.

"Hurry, Mother! They're after us!" Mr. Beaver shouted, we needed to be in and out of here.

"Oh, right then." Mrs. Beaver said to us.

"What's she doing?" Peter asked, she was preparing.

"Oh, you'll be thanking me later. It's a long journey and Beaver gets pretty cranky when he's hungry." She said to us, I felt unnerved being here.

"I'm cranky now." He said to her, I felt like we were being watched.

"Do you think we'll need jam?" Susan asked while looking at the table.

"Only if the Witch serves toast." Peter said, we then heard barking from outside. I got scared and grabbed ahold of Peter. I then let go once I realised what I'd done. We were surrounded. No way out. That's what we thought but there was a tunnel.

"Badger and me dug this. Comes our right near his place." Mr. Beaver said to us, at least we had a way out.

"You told me it led to your Mum's!" She shouted Lucy fell over.