1.4 Shelter from new friends

I may never have visited Mr. Tumnus' at his house before but I could he wouldn't have a broken door. "Lu?" Peter asked her, she gasped and the ran to his house. "Lucy!" Peter shouted before we ran after her. We went inside and it was a mess. Things were broken.

"We shouldn't be here. Whoever did this could comeback." I said to them all, Peter looked at me in agreement but we had to give Lucy some time first.

"Who would do something like this?" Lucy asked, someone who knew something. Mum said that sometimes children of Adam and Eve were wanted. She never knew the reasoning why. I heard glass break and saw that Edmund had stood on something. There was a note. Peter went over to it.

"'The Faun Tumnus is hereby charged with High Treason against Her Imperial Majesty, Jadis, Queen of Narnia, for comforting her enemies and fraternizing with humans. Signed Maugrim, Captain of the Secret Police. Long Live the Queen.'" Peter read out, but Jadis shouldn't be Queen. It would be the next heir and it would've been Henry and I.

"All right. Now we really should go back." Susan said to us.

"It's not safe for you to be here." I said while looking at them.

"But what about Mr. Tumnus?" Lucy asked, there was nothing we could do.

"If he was arrested for being with a human, I don't think there's much we can do." Susan said, and there wasn't. I probably couldn't do anything either.

"You don't understand, do you? I'm the human. She must have found out he helped me." Lucy said, there was spies everywhere. Who knows if they were watching us now.

"Maybe we could call the police." Peter said, you can't call the police here.

"These are the police." Susan said to him.

"She has spies everywhere, we need to start moving but we need to make a decision first." I said to them, getting nods from Susan and Peter.

"Don't worry, Lu. We'll think of something." Peter said to her calming her down.

"Why? I mean, he's a criminal." Edmund said, but he wasn't. Jadis was for thinking she had authority. We heard birds chirping outside.

"Psst." We heard, I don't know what that was but I didn't like it.

"Did that bird just 'psst' us?" Susan asked, that's what it sounded like.

"I think so." I said as we followed Peter outside. The bird flew out but we then heard a branch snap. I felt unsafe. There was then rustling.

"Psst!" We heard again. We then saw a beaver, it scurried over to us.

"It...it's a beaver." Lucy said to us, it truly was.

"Here, boy. Here, boy." Peter said whole clicking his tongue at it.

"I ain't gonna smell it, if that's what you want." He said making Lucy and I chuckle.

"Sorry." Peter said to him.

"Princess Y/n, Daughter of the late Queen Penelope of Narnia and Lucy Pevensie?" The beaver asked making my face fall. How did it know who I was.

"Yes?" Lucy and I asked hesitantly while walking over to him. The beaver handed her a handkerchief and I got a letter.

"I gave this letter to my brother they day he went missing." I said to them, it was something Mum did with us. We'd write little letters to each other in case anything happened.

"That's the hankie I gave to Mr. Tum..." Lucy started Mr. Beaver cut her off.

"Tumnus. He got it to me just before they took him. Same with Prince Henry except he dropped it." He said to us, I was hoping that he was all right.