II. ☾ I Already Knew and Imagined a Lot About Tombs and Graves 🕸️🕷️

— H. P. LOVECRAFT (The Tomb) 

Let's go home, do you know?

[...]

Draw the window, draw the window, draw the window

In your lifetime

Wouldn't fall in too harm

[...]

Will you know this?

Do you know they are?

Black Marble ♬

APRIL: Six months ago

WITCHES - Art of Francisco Goya [18th century]

"The witch is always evil, hateful, lustful and drunken, she does everything in secret".

"Do you swear to obey and respect your masters and superiors...? Well, daughter, you're already a witch. [...]"

—Carmelo Lisón Tolosana [Las brujas en la historia de España (Witches in the history of Spain) (1992)].

«Make yourself at home sweetness».

Motivated by the headmistress Pentangle, Nyx decorated her alcove to her own liking, unimpeded: perfect place to unwind in her downtime. The significance of the objects around made her feel, indeed, at home.

Over time, gradually, those few ornaments were removed because of pretension and controversy that Hecate appreciated about her daughter's taste, becoming, in appearance, an alcove where 'no one lives':

Cut-outs, copies of lithographs, formerly placed on the front wall 'terrible, nonsensical', images composed of charcoal 'blobs' that depicted flying hybrids, nocturnal raptors and rampaging bats, terrifying a man's cervix.

In another illustration: a goat surrounded by old women and dancing maidens, the most controversial «So-called covens, profane parodies, a lack of respect, the ever fallacy of the Evil Goat, where did you get them...?! I want blank this wall immediately!».

On a shelf, collections of «futile» withered flowers, from amber couscous to orobanche «what is your fascination to preserve them?, parasites! , those that infect the plantation... carrion wrapped in jars» modest and medium, discarded in posterity.

Cobwebs, lodging the corners, which out of mania, her daughter did not unravel because of 'the softness of her touch' «inconceivable», although, they were not ornaments, it was a point to be considered in the future cleanliness.

A piece of felled trunk, hollow, in its entrails the hiding place for the «abominable bird of rapine», Nyx Moon's familiar animal that differed from the renowned cat.

And yet, ruined by «lack of good sense. It makes me think of a landfill, unfortunately», modern and classic books of incantations, herbalism and botany, 'from A to Z'.