Chapter 12

Lily wanted to talk today, I wasn't in the mood to argue with them but she promised that she or Alyssa were not going to argue with me so I agreed to go to a café to talk. I sat at the table with them they looked at me.

"Ok let's talk," Lily said, I put my purse by my foot on the floor. "Ok," I said. "Were friends we've always been friends so let's talk about how we feel and catch up," Lily said I nodded in agreement.

"I went on a date with Santiago," I blurted out the girls looked at me wide-eyed. "yesterday night it was amazing it was cute he's so kind and amazing, he feeds the homeless donate, his favorite color is red, I feel better with him I'm comfortable with him more than Brad, I like him and I don't want to but I do he's a gentleman and he actually cares." I ranted on.

"Ok, 1 you went on a DATE!" Alyssa exclaimed. I nodded "2 you like him Yesss," Lily said I nodded again. "So what are you going to do about it?" Alyssa asked. "Nothing I can't," I said. "why not?" Alyssa asked.

I shrugged "Come on don't have a reason go for it." "Not now it's too early," I said. "I got it," Lily said. My phone went off Santiago I answered my phone putting it up to my ear. "Heyyy Santi," I answered.

"Are you drunk Princesa?" he asked. I laughed "No why would you think that?" I asked. "The Heyyy and the nickname," He said. "What don't like the nickname?" I asked. "No I only like it coming from your mouth, what are you doing Princesa," he asked.

"I'm currently eating with Lily and Alyssa," I said playing with my fork. "Did I interrupt anything? I'm sorry call me later," He panicked. "Santi No you not interrupting anything, you need to stop saying sorry you don't have to be sorry about anything," I said.

"Sorry-- shit fuck sorry oh my god," He groaned. I laughed "It's ok." "I'm with Kimmy," he said. "Like always tell her I said hi," I said, "She hears you." "Hey Lani," Kimmy said. "Hey, what are you guys up to?" I asked.

"behind you," I heard through the phone whispered and behind me, I turned around. I was so confused "Santiago?"

He laughed "Hey Lily and Alyssa." "Hey," Alyssa said. "Hello, sir that we haven't seen in a while," Lily said.

He laughed "What do you mean by that either I haven't been on social media, or in-person?" he looked at Lily. "Both to be honest," Alyssa said Lily nodded in agreement.

"Taking a break from social media and I haven't heard about you guys in a while," He said then looked down at me, I lifted my head looking at his strong jawline. I reached my arm up and pushed a piece of a strand of his hair back.

He smiled showing his dimples, I smiled then looked at the girls who were just watching us I know they loved this, every single moment. He kissed my hair "Your hair smells good."

"Thank you," he rubbed my arm softly his hands were soft and smooth. His thumb gently brushed against my arms. "Grab a seat sit," Lily said. "No but thank you though I have to go in a minute," He smiled at Lily she nodded.

"Paparazzi," Kimmy said our eyes dratted over to the window Santiago moved away from me before the cameras or people could see. He was quick with his motion. I looked at him "I have to go," he gave a friendly smile and then left.

I didn't like that at all that friendly smile or him just leaving I hated that I hated that he didn't call me princess I hated that he didn't touch me one last time for the left I hated the words 'I have to go'. I hated them.

"I have to go too I have to meet my mom and home," I got up picking up my purse. "What bout the talk," Lily said. "Were cool I'll call you guys and we can hang out," I walked out of the shop and went to my car.

I drove to my mom's house and opened the front door, I closed it behind me and walked into the kitchen. "Hey, Frank where's mom?" I asked he turned to me I wasn't greeted with that happy friendly smile I was greeted with red bloodshot eyes.

'oh my god," I dropped my purse and hugged him. "Hey what happened?" I asked quietly. "Your mom we need to talk," he sniffed. "What happened," I let him go. "She's umm Leilani she's sick she didn't want to tell you sooner but it's gotten worst," my heart dropped.

My mother was and has been the only person there for me ever, "s-she's sick?" my voice cracked. He nodded and looked away from me "She's in the hospital," His voice was weak. "Um, can we go see her?" I asked. He nodded we got into the car and drove to the hospital.

On the drive there he told me everything, she's has had cancer for 3 years the first year she did chemo and it left then 2 years it came back now it's worst stage 4 cancer. We walked into her hospital room I ran to her and hugged her.

"Mom," I cried. "Hey it's ok to stay strong for mommy," She rubbed my arm right where Santiago did. I nodded "why didn't you tell me?" I asked. "You were in your Junior year you were happy with Lily and Alyssa you were so happy since your dad left I didn't-- I couldn't ruin it," she said.