Chapter 35

Our relationship had been a little rocky but good. He walked into the room I looked at him. "My dad's funeral is tomorrow," he said I looked at him. "Do you want to go?" I asked him.

He shook his head 'No' "why not," I opened my arms walked toward me, and closed his head in my chest. "I don't need to see him or my other family," he whispered.

"I get that but maybe it'll give you some clarity that you need," I said, "I don't want to," he said. "And that's ok but you need that clarity and nothing going to get better if you don't get that," I said.

"Nothing?" He asked I nodded. "Not our relationship either?" He asked. "Not even the relationship," I whispered it was true but he needed to hear it.

"I want it to be back to normal," he whispered. "Me too," I said. "Can you come with me?" He asked. "Of course, if you want me to be there to support you I will," I said.

"Ok."
-
That's what we did the next day we went to the funeral. We sat in the car he took a deep breath and looked at me I nodded, holding his hand we got out.

He walked into the building everyone looked at us, then someone walked up to Santiago. "Your here," they said surprised. Santiago nodded "This is my girlfriend," I waved and gave them a sad smile.

"Nice to meet you I'm his Aunt Jillian," she said. I smiled "Leilani." "Follow me," she said we followed her to a couple. "Santiago," the women said surprised. "Aunt Reita," Santiago nodded.

"It's been a while boy," The guy shook his hand. His other aunt looked at me. She gasped quietly "You're gorgeous." I smiled slightly.

"This is my girlfriend," Santiago said. The guy looked at me then at Santiago. "How did you get her," he said Santiago laughed quietly.

"I ask myself that a lot." I smiled trying to hide my red face. "I'm Leilani." "Beautiful name," the name said. "Mitchel," he said.

"Go see your father," Jillian said. Santiago lead me the way to the casket. We both looked at his face. He looked like an older version of Santiago. He got the dimples from his mother.

I looked at Santiago's face it was cold he had no emotion. I touched his arm softly he didn't move. "5 years," he whispered I could barely hear him.

"What?" I asked softly. "5 years I haven't seen him, no call, no contact, nothing," he said still staring at his dad.

After the sentence, he sighed quietly and then looked at me. "I'm ready to go I got the closure I needed," I nodded. We walked to his family and said bye then got into the car.

We sat down he looked out the window I didn't speak he needed time. "I regret what I said, I regret every word that came out of my mouth that night, the it's annoying, saying I won't give you shit," he huffed.

"Saying not to come home," he said he looked at me, and I stared at my hands. "Leilani," he said softly I forced myself to look at him. "I don't know how to make it up to you and make you know that I'm sorry and I didn't mean any word."

"I can't sleep without you, I can't eat without you, I can't close my eyes and not see you, every day I'm so excited to wake up to see you next to me, I'm always so happy to come home knowing I have gorgeous women waiting for me at home, Leilani I need you I want you, your so addicting, your like a drug an addiction that can not be fixed."

"You promise?" I whispered. He nodded "I promise I will never yell at you or lie to you ever again, when I'm upset I'll walk away even if that means I have to leave the house I'm not taking my anger out on you again," he said.

I nodded "Ok." "Please accept my apology, please believe I will never do it again," he whispered. I nodded "I believe you." I did he showed me he's not like Brad and never will be.