-23-

BEEP!...BEEP!...BEEP!...BEEP!...BEEP!

Naruto tried to find what was beeping so loudly, but in the end a weight pressed him to the bed and the beeping stopped a few moments later.
Naruto, not once, not registering someone else was in the bed with him, began to drift off again, curled and warm against a radiating heat.

But it seemed the radiating heater had other plans. Because it moved and the weight dipping the bed behind Naruto, lifted once more. It was only him in the bed and with only half of the blanket on him.
Naruto mewled, wanting the warmth back but all that was granted was the blanket being lifted over him.

At least it was a little better.

Naruto, being half asleep with the sun beams shining in his face, heard the quiet shuffling of someone either getting clothes or trying to find something.
But it soon stopped with the click of a door.

The sound of water entered the room but Naruto kept on laying in the bed. He was comfortable and, while being colder, was fairly warm.
It never occurred to him that he may not be in his own home, or that he had a mission to do with team 7 in an hour, or that showers usually didn't turn on by themselves.

No. Naruto was in his own surreal world, peacefully laying by himself in a bed much comfier and somehow seeming bigger than his.

It was only when four fingers swept deep into his hair and the fifth finger—or known as the thumb—rubbed against his temple, that Naruto was slowly snapped out of his surreal world.

He began to realize that a shower couldn't turn on by itself, or that heat couldn't weigh anything and-or leave him, or that nothing could just turn off an alarm clock. Naruto, even though realizing this and in a panic, couldn't bring himself to open his eyes more than droopy slits.

He felt exhausted.
No. Exhausted didn't even explain how Naruto felt. He was tired, but awake. He knew he had a mission, but couldn't bring himself to sit up.
His body felt numb but alive and missing the warmth that pressed against him just some time ago.

"Do you think you can get up for the mission?"
Naruto closed his eyes again as the hand tangled with his hair, continued to massage his head soothingly. As if this person didn't want him to get up but fall back asleep.
But being stubborn, Naruto slowly nodded, though his appearance must've betrayed him because lips pressed against his forehead before the bed was lifted once more.

"I'll make something and put it in the fridge. When you wake up just put it in the microwave."
Naruto tilted his head to try and get a look at whom was being so kind to him, though he couldn't exactly pinpoint who it was, but all he received were lips on his.
It wasn't powerful and definitely not a proper kiss but a small peck.

The hand retracted from Narutos hair and seconds later, the click of the door separated whoever had accompanied Naruto in the bed.
Not much effort was put into Naruto falling back asleep. He didn't even move... just sorta laid there. And somewhere he had fallen asleep.

7:30 a.m.

~~**~~

It was only when kids screaming and birds chirping in the midday of Saturday, October 5th.
That Naruto finally found himself with enough energy to open his eyes.

He stared at the dresser that was definitely not his and trailed his eyes all around that side of the room. The side that greeted him when he awoke.
None of the mornings earlier events had made its way into Narutos memory. So he was left in a twin bed with comfy blankets, huggable pillows and a soft mattress; confused and trying to remember what had happened for him to land himself in such a paradise bed.

Sadly all that Naruto could remember— or better yet, feel, was refreshed and happy—giddy happy. He didn't know why, especially seeing what had occurred yesterday afternoon with none other than the selfish dick, Uchiha Sasuke.
But unlike yesterday where Naruto had gotten drunk on self pity and guilt, he didn't feel anything.

What had he done to feel this way?
Had he gone back to Sasukes and say it was all a lie? No. No this was Naruto we were talking about. This was the nine-tails jinchuriki and dunce Uzumaki with all the anger issues and mommy and daddy problems here, he wouldn't go back to Sasuke.
Especially seeing Sasuke didn't own a twin sized bed or a small cozy room.

Naruto groaned, his arms shaking uncharacteristically as he pushed from the soft sheets. Naruto wiped the rest of sleep from his eyes and looked at the clock.

12:50 p.m.

His eyes widened at the realization.
Naruto was late. Extremely late. Later than Kakashi... —shockingly—.
No! But Kakashi would've come and woke him up! Sakura would've beat his ass for still sleeping too—if she followed—. And Sasuke... well Sasuke would probably look at him in disgust and hatred seeing what he did yesterday.

Naruto cursed under his breath, "Fuck."

He flung the blankets—reluctantly—off of him and—with no choice—swung his feet onto the cold wooden floor.
Naruto went to stand, but like his arms, Narutos legs shook and he fell to his knees.

He winced at the hard contact, but was more focused on why his body wasn't listening to him.
I mean sure, his legs were beat red.. and there was a few bite marks on his thighs... and his lower stomach really hurt... and the rest of his body felt over worked as if he'd been training all night.
But nothing could've possibly happened, Naruto hadn't let Sasuke-

Gasp.

The mirror in front of Naruto betrayed him of his thinking. It betrayed him from thinking nothing happened... and why he mysteriously wasn't in his room, or his apartment, or why he couldn't walk.
The reflection staring wide eyed with a hand to their lips— mirroring Naruto if you dare. Showed his worst fears.

Narutos neck was covered in hickeys, light but they were there. And his collarbone looked bruised by the darkness of those hickeys. Bags were under his eyes and his earlobes were red. His lips were swollen and a trickle of crusty-dried up blood was halfway down his chin.

Naruto traced his fingers over his raw-red nipples that were so sensitive he flinched just by grazing them. But he continued to feel his body, tracing the love bites that went all the way down his stomach, around his hips and ended on the inside of his thighs. The back of his thighs were no better; they looked beat red, not exactly bruising but that was only thanks to the nine-tails healing powers.

Naruto looked like a mess. One dirty, and beaten mess.

Of course he knew this wasn't a beating. The villagers had given him plenty of those, which made it painfully clear he was not abused.. or taken advantage of.
He let this happen.

Another gasp escaped his lips when he remembered who's room this was. Who's bed he was naked in...

Kakashis.

His senseis. His crushes—if you could call it that—. And worse of all, the Anbu whom trained him, took care of him.

Naruto quickly averted from looking into the mirror but his eyes only met something else. Something that brought tears to his eyes.

A picture of Kakashi, the third hokage and Naruto. It was when Naruto was around three-years-old.
Kakashi was holding him with Hiruzens hands on the Hatakas shoulders. The two were smiling while Naruto was just staring at Kakashi.
And in the corner you could see Obitos hand.

Naruto bit his lip.

... what had he done?