Chapter 5

Laura did not apologize to me until the end.

I think she was just perplexed. There were a few people who felt sorry for the crown prince who was engaged to me because Roxana was arrogant, insensitive, and speculative.

So far, Roxana has tormented people by believing in her status and position.

But in fact, Roxana was too generous to her people. That was why her nannies and maids behaved so cheekily in front of their masters. Roxana's generosity and escapism made this situation what it is today.

'What kind of servant ignores and makes fun of her master........'

It was unimaginable in ordinary aristocratic families.

The atmosphere in the room became even heavier after Laura, who was the most intimate and dignified among the maidservants, was sent away.

The maids looked bewildered at the unexpected situation. I gazed at them and opened my mouth.

"Now, whose excuse should we hear next?"

There was silence for a few moments after I finished speaking.

Then the maids shouted out, without saying who was first.

"Miss, I'm sorry!"

The maids knelt down in front of me and apologized.

Unlike Laura, who tried to placate her master by treating her like a small whim or a mean child when her master pursued her about her mistake.

But that didn't mean that their past was much different from Laura who was just kicked out.

They were still ignoring and deceiving their master, just to a lesser extent. If Laura was the mastermind, the rest of the maids were more like bystanders.

To be honest, at first I thought about kicking them all out.

But I quickly changed my mind.

With the exception of Laura, the rest of the maidservants had a vicious side to them, but not so much that I couldn't tame them. Above all, the maidservants have a fierce side that was unique to the nobility. However, they were still immature children. It wouldn't be too hard for me to deal with them.

Besides, there would be a lot of rumors in the social circles if I got rid of all the maidservants overnight, and even if the issue was excluded, Roxana, a high ranking noblewoman, couldn't be without them.

And so, a new head maid should be selected, but after such a big fuss in the palace, it was very difficult.

Roxanna's reputation in social circles had never been good, but the recent events had made it even worse.

On top of that, I jumped off the balcony of the Imperial Palace and injured myself badly, so I contributed greatly to the damage to her reputation.

In such a situation, what difference would it make if anyone came?

After all, it was rare to find a nobleman in the capital who didn't mock or ignore her at least once. I'm sure there are a lot of people who are different inside and outside.

To choose a new head maid, one has to go through various complicated procedures.

The head butler was not the only one who was troubled by this process. Rather than that, it would be better to use someone who was familiar with the situation.

Since most of the work would be done by the servants anyway, it didn't matter to me whether they were there or not, as long as they didn't cause any serious problems.