Chapter 11 --Libby

The weeks flew by and before I knew it we were boarding a plane to Los Angelos.  Tuck is taking me and our sweet Lenny girl for a whole week. I haven't been on vacation in over a decade and Lennon has never even been out of our little town.

While I've opted not to go to the Grammy's with Tucker I'm excited all the same. I knew going into this I wanted to avoid the spotlight as best as possible. I definitely want to protect Lennon as well. I already know us being out and about in L.A will cause the paparazzi to go crazy. No one knows about Lennon or I so I have a feeling they will be like vultures. 

"Alright Blue eyes I'm headed to this meeting. I should be back hopefully after dinner. " He picks up Lenny squeezing her tight.

"But I wanna go daddy" Her little hands squeeze his face. 

"How about when I get back we go get ice cream downstairs in the hotel restaurant?" He looks at me eyebrows raised.

Lennon squeals while I laugh.

"Yes let's give our child sugar late at night right before bed." I tap his nose.

"Come on babe we're on vacation. We all deserve a little sugar before bed." He winks at me.

"Yes yes. Okay sugar before bed. Now Lennon let go of daddy so he can get to his meeting."

Lennon whines, but I stop her before it becomes a tantrum.

"No whining besides the faster he leaves the faster he comes home." I kiss her cheek pulling her from Tucker's arms.

"That's right. I'll be back before you know it. " He gives Len a kiss on the cheek and me one on my lips and as he walks through the door he calls "I love you both."

We respond back "To the moon and back"

We've already been here a few days Tucker taking us sight seeing, playing on the beach and all the parks, so it's weird him leaving us for the first time. I knew he had this meeting to go over branding and promotions for his new song with Alexis Gilmore a huge music star. I was so excited for him. This was a big deal for his career. 

Lennon and I spend most the afternoon by the pool. We were having the best girls day. We painted are nails afterwards and put on face masks.

Tucker has asked me to move in with him on the plane over. Stating he couldn't live without waking up to his girls every morning. I had waited too long to be this happy so I agreed quickly. We were giggling talking about moving in with Tucker and what she wanted to do with her new room when my phone started to ring. 

Incoming call Sammy

"Hey Sambam"

"Libs where are you?" He ask rushed.

"I'm in L.A you knew this already"

"No like are you at the hotel or with Tuck" he says frantically

"Hotel with Lenny. Tuck's at a meeting" I start to worry

"Turn on your t.v to tmz now" Now he's agitated.

"What? why?" I panic pulling up the t.v

"Just do it."

I flip the channels till I land on the correct  one.

"I don't underst-" I stop all the air leaving my lungs.

There on screen is Tucker and a gorgeous blonde woman. She's super tall and skinny. Legs for days and she's blemish free. Worst of all my boyfriend has his damn hand around her waist.

"What the fu-" I pause looking at Lennon who thankfully is lost to her iPad.

I turn the volume up as they stop to talk to reporters.

"Alexis, Tucker"

"Tucker"

"Alexis"

"Alexis are you and Tucker dating?"

"When is your new song coming out?"

I hear the reporters screaming. Sammy on the phone cursing.

"Yes Tuck and I have grown very close but you know I don't kiss and tell. Isn't that right baby?"

Alexis answers for them kissing Tucker on the lips. My heart fucking shatters as he nods jaw clenching before he sweeps them both into the SUV to make a quick getaway. 

"Libs? You there? Are you okay?" I hear Sammy ask.

"He did it again" I choke on my sob.

"I know sweetie" Sammys voice is soft.

"I-I-I Can't be here when he comes back Sam. I need to go. Fuck, Lennon." I can't help the fact it feels like I am failing again. Falling back into that pit of despair he left me in all those years ago.

"I know babe. Okay I just booked you into a room at the hotel across the street for the night. Far enough away he won't know where you went but close enough for a quick escape. I'll book you both a flight for tomorrow afternoon" Sammy's voice comforts me. I have the best friend a girl could ask for.

"You didn't have to do that" I whisper as I pack mine and Lennon's things.

"I know but you deserve better. Let me take care of my bestie yeah?" 

"Thank you" 

We end the call as I finish gathering our stuff. I quickly wash our face masks off both of us throwing a pair of flip flops on to make our way to the other hotel.

"Mommy where are we going?" Lennon looks up at me as we walk across the street my big suitcase with both our things in tow. 

I squeeze her hand. Fuck this is what makes it painful.

"Hmm baby we got to get another room." I tell her attempting to be vague as we cross the street.

"But what about my daddy? Is he coming too?" Her little lip quivers. 

Fucking hell. Fuck Tucker Cole. I can't believe this is happening again.

"No Lenny girl just us." I can't help but feel the painful pinch of my heart as the tears pool in her eyes. Her fathers eyes. 

Crap I'm going to have to go back to seeing them everyday and not having him.

"No. Daddy said we would get ice cream. I want ice cream and daddy?" She yells at me as we make our way into the hotel.

The front desk man gives me a weird look before looking at my little girl. He smiles thankfully. 

" Hi princess." He looks at Lennon and then me for permission to talk to her. I nod.

"We have ice cream here too." He tells her making her eyes light up.

"Do you have mint chocolate chip. It's mine and my daddies favorite?" She giggles tears long forgotten.

"No way. That's my favorite too!" The front desk man who's nameplate reads Tag gets excited with her.

"We have all kinds of flavors mom including mint chocolate chip" Tag looks at me giving me sad eyes.

"Uhh thanks. I have a reservation here under Samuel Bane." I shift uncomfortably as he gives me a pity look.

"Saw TMZ. I hate that for you both." He says kindly while grabbing our keys.

Fuck I forgot people know who we are thanks to the million of photos online of us as a family from this week.

"Yeah well it isn't the first time he's broken my heart probably won't be the last" I can't help the bitterness and venom in my voice. 

Tag nods like he understands " I got you mama. I'll have loads of ice cream sent up to your room. I think you both will need it."