Hourglass

Just as every normal day between the roommates, Vanitas woke up early, despite going to bed late. He stretched his arms and yawned. After a bit at staring at Noe...who was half on the floor-half on bed, Vanitas stud up and got changed . Just as the boy put his ear rings on, he heard a familiar sound.

"Vanitas?" Noe's tired voice cracked as usual.

"Urghhh, what now," He turned to face Noe who was still face first in bed with his body dangling off ."I thought that you'll be asleep for at least a couple more hours." 

"well...you were wrong" Noe then slowly Picked himself up, then made eye contact with Vanitas with stars in his eyes.

"Oh god what now?" Vanitas almost face palmed as he cant be bothered to deal with Noe at this time.

"Where did you get those ear rings from?" Noe pointed at Vanitas left ear. "Their beautiful, I've never really noticed them before." 

Vanitas was suddenly dead quiet unlike usual, his eyes went blank. falling backwards into his bed vanitas putting his head in his knees.

"V-vanitas?"

"Shut up." 

"...I'm sorry I didn't know what I did.." 

"You NEVER know what you do!" His voice muffled from being mushed in his stained gloves.

The Room was filled with embarrassment and concern for Noe but for vanitas it was hell, Luna the blue moon vampire. The same vampire who he  took these very ear rings from. Noe broke the silence.

"Vanitas-"

"I TOLD YOU TO SHUT UP!" Vanitas lay back on his bed head facing the wall

"No...I just" Noe knew that he said something that brought vanitas to discomfort, It was rare for him to act this way. "I just wanted to say sorry. I- I'll get my clothes on and I'll leave you alone-I'm always here if you want to talk"

Vanitas replied back with silence as Noe was getting changed hiding under the blanket.

A few minutes pasted.

"Ok I'm gonna leave you alone now, Vanitas -Again I'm so-"He was cut of to Vanitas suddenly jolted up from his bed. 

"mon cheri Noe, No need to apologise, however you do need to watch what you say."

As vanitas let those words out of his mouth Noe's jaw could just drop. Which made Vanitas  laugh. The same sinister laugh that was used after the fight with doctor Moreau. Noe was speechless .He just flopped his head to his shoulder like a dog not understanding instructions.

"Now now, These earrings are just a gift-" Vanitas cut himself off "No a final gift that someone close gave to me." He flung his feet to the side of his bed, jumping a couple times then waved Noe out the door. Before stopping.

"Are you going to stand there all day? I'm not complaining, do what you want, especially when it works for me"

Noe then came back to reality.

"Uh-yeah." 

"mon Dieu, I'll buy  you a stupid Tarte tatin" Vanitas sighed began to close the door to their room.

"UH-OOOH I'M COMING!" Noe practically shouted, squeezing through the little gap that was still left from the door to the door frame. He laughed beside Vanitas despite having serval questions at the back of his mind about that human;

"Who was this person?"

"What does Vanitas mean as last gift?"

"Vanitas actually had a close person that he could relate to?

These 3 questions bugged Noe. As he couldn't understand his "Friend"

"Hey vani?" 

"dont call me that."

"Sure" There was a pause

                                                                                                "Your weird."

‎                                                                                                   ‎

Gah‎hhh- Finished, first Ever one shot/ fanfic IY wrote hope you liked it~

This was purely for me to understand Vanitas personality, cause DAMN is he hard to write as.

Fyi my favourite characters are Noe vanitas and Luna so do expect Luna popping in now and again~

If you have any suggestions for any oneshots with any characters in vnc please dont hesitate to comment.