Warlock of Omaha By Hemaccabe Chapter 9 Sharp Dressed Man ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Warlock of Omaha

By Hemaccabe

Chapter 9 Sharp Dressed Man

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

I had done my best getting all my irons in the fire and getting as much help as I could to move it along. I would have liked to prioritize armor and clothes over the guns and the bullets but my size kept changing! I had started at a modestly healthy 165 lbs., but I was now moving past two hundred and I had lost 4 inches on my waist! My girls loved it. I was also dealing with all sorts of more subtle changes. It was like going through a second puberty and my head kept hitting things!

I discovered doing physical things felt good, really good. I kept finding myself lifting, moving and especially doing chin ups for some reason. I'd start doing chin ups and not bother to count. Running was still the best. I was discovering new gears. When I started running after changing it felt like sprinting because it was what my fast sprint had been. Since the change, I had found a faster sprint and then another after that. My previous sprint now felt like loping. I mapped out a recent Omaha City marathon, then ran it. The pro who had won it the previous year had done it in just under 156 minutes. Running through traffic, doing some in higher gear, but not really pushing it, I did it in 93 minutes. Welcome to super human. Feels good.

I was still eating everything I could put in my mouth, preferring meat to all other foods. I used to call one girl to my bedroom a week, now I had all three every night and they were all happily complaining at the hard use, when they thought I wasn't around. Which was another thing, my senses were all much sharper, particularly smell and hearing.

Finally, the changes slowed down after a month. I had grown three inches, mostly in my legs. My arms were longer, my hands and feet were bigger, but my waist was smaller. When I started, Jake would have seemed like a hulking mass behind the little magic guy in front. He was still bigger, but not by nearly as much.

I still had bottlenecks in my production system because there were many jobs only I could do. I had to fit in the armor. I had to do all the magic. So, I was always running, and the phone was always ringing.

A lot of gear that one might buy reflects various design compromises. Glock produces a remarkable pistol for roughly $600. Glock could do better, but who would pay $10,000 for it? Not many. Not enough to make it a workable commercial product. I, on the other hand, wanted every bit of performance I could get and had the budget for it. I had crossed a Rubicon with Baby. From now on, all my firearms would be fabbed from the ground up. I had purchased a new Glock 20 and Tavor rifle and those guns would sit in my safe forever unused. I would be fabbing everything up from scratch on my two new guns which, for legal purposes, would nominally be the ones in the safe.

I had learned a lot making Baby, and all of it would be in the Glock.

Glock makes their chassis from plastic. It's very good plastic, but it needs to be cheap and easy to work with. I had used titanium reinforced carbon fiber for Baby's chassis. I looked at other options but decided to stick with the titanium reinforcement. However, carbon fiber is another way to say CFRTPC. CFRTPC is essentially state-of-the-art carbon fiber. So, my chassis for the new Glock and Baby would be titanium reinforced Type 1 which made them so much stronger and more rugged than stock.

I was also radically changing the Tavor's mechanism. Since this was mostly illegal and reflected work I didn't want to share, it meant I had to do it and that meant lots of CAD/CAM time for me. Wonderful. It took a lot less than it might because I had done the process with Baby Mark I. CAD/CAM programming and design took three days. Fabbing the parts took two.

I did want to do some experimenting with barrel lengths, so I visited my farmer friend. I took Jake with me. It was 100+ degrees F and over 100 percent humidity outside that day, but the experiment didn't take more than a few hours. Hot, sweaty, unpleasant hours. I wanted to see if the barrel for the 10mm should be longer or shorter. I discovered that the barrel was still getting better out past 9 inches. However, past 9 inches they have a special term for pistols, it's called "rifle." I stayed with 6 since it helped a lot power-wise over the normal barrel length and was fairly standard as a long slide.