Warlock of Omaha By Hemaccabe Chapter 15 Break Away ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Warlock of Omaha

By Hemaccabe

Chapter 15 Break Away

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

I took Travis jacket shopping. They're a few places in town to look at a leather jacket. What Travis was wearing was made of denim and cheap cracking leather. It looked like something for a teenager from times gone by. We looked at a bunch of jackets and I found out he wanted what's generally known as a stadium coat.

I was juggling.

I wanted to spend as much time with Cassie as possible. To be honest. I wanted to be there when she woke up. If she was an unwilling victim like Travis, it would be very cruel to have her wake alone so telling Jake he couldn't sit with her would be impossible. But if she was more a willing ally of the Compost Mage, then she could probably wrap Jake's gentle head around her finger in seconds. Further, there might be things I could get out of her right when she woke up that would be impossible even a few minutes later. That could be key to our survival.

I also wanted to work on my axe. My axe had played a key role in the last two fights. Getting a next generation axe could be key to our survival.

I wanted to get Travis better equipped. Getting him to a better place could make him much more effective in a fight. That could be key to our survival.

There were also other little projects like getting Big Baby ready. We'd just had a demonstration of how much better it would have been to have Big Baby in a fight. If the Compost Mage decided to come at us with hordes of little stuff again, Big Baby could be key to our survival.

One probably notices a certain trend.

In addition, I had some other small business to attend to.

The RV people were calling. They had gotten to the point where they needed the panel bits to proceed.

I was trying to order a body for the truck. I had gotten tired of buying a whole truck and then throwing 80% of the value away. Ram didn't want to sell me what I wanted, especially for a fair price.

The house needed cleaning and there was no one but me to do it.

I still hadn't taken time to meet DiAngelo.

I also got a call from a guy named Vinton.

Luckily, I was still waking up at five.

I basically spent every minute I wasn't doing something else with Cassie. Including sleeping. I even brought a lot of work down to the basement exam room and did it there. I had a feeling that when she woke up it would be between ten am and 2pm. I'm not sure why I felt that, but I was trusting my feelings and spending that time with her each day. This was hardly perfect, but it was the best I could do.

I spent a few hours a day, generally right after I woke up, on my axe. I started with the clips. Clips are small metal wedges used to secure an axe or hammer head to a handle. They didn't take long, only a couple days. I continued taking a few hours a day, generally in the early morning, to move the project along. I think it was actually better that way. It let me pour myself out completely on what I was working on and then rest until I was ready for the next step. Further, I could think very carefully about how I wanted to take the next step.

I was able to do a lot of delegating for Travis. He was a huge help.

I wanted to get my materials lab team back together but that wasn't going to happen. Instead, I found the two best hitters, Danny Padawadaway Patel and Shirley Chin and just hired them. Actually, I had a client hire them to work in my lab. They were happy. I was happy. The client got a major hole in his cyber security closed on the qt.