Warlock of Omaha By Hemaccabe Chapter 13 Forging Ahead ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Warlock of Omaha

By Hemaccabe

Chapter 13 Forging Ahead

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

At seven AM!

My notebook beeped that the doorbell had gone off. I assumed it was FedEx, they show up early sometimes. I clicked on my notebook to review the gate cam. It was Mr. Guna!

"Oh Shit!" I yelled and ran out the house pulling on a shirt and pants. I didn't bother with shoes. As I ran down to the fence, I thought about how I probably should have had Diane working on landscaping as Mr. Guna would probably notice every errant leaf and twig.

I got to the fence, opened it and bowed, "Welcome to my home Mr. Guna."

"Please show me to my quarters, it has been a long trip. Please see to my bags." Mr. Guna replied.

Mr. Guna was not overly emotive. His facial expression, the way he stood, nothing changed. His hands never moved except with absolute economy of motion. Somehow, his emotional state was always clear. Now he was impatient.

The way Mr. Guna had said, "Please see to my bags." Hadn't been in a tone that sounded like polite request, but more like what one would say to a servant.

Mr. Guna had a full-size steamer trunk and a number of other cases. I hit a panic button on my cell that would summon Jake.

Jake was there, bless his heart, in under five minutes. Between the two of us, we manhandled the steamer trunk and piled the other luggage on top of the very heavy, ungainly beast.

I then awkwardly led Mr. Guna up the driveway to the garret apartment. I helped Jake wrestle the steamer trunk up the steps then let Jake get the rest of the luggage.

Mr. Guna looked around the apartment and sniffed again. His sniff seemed to say, "I'm camping in the filthy wilderness."

So much for all of our cleaning efforts.

"Are you hungry? Is there something I can offer you to eat?" I asked.

"No." Mr. Guna answered.

Do you want some time to refresh yourself after your trip?" I asked.

"Yes." Mr. Guna answered.

"I will go and dress and meet you downstairs when you're ready." I said and showed him the internal door that led to the garage.

"That is acceptable." Mr. Guna answered.

"Please let me know if there is anything I can provide to make you more comfortable." I offered.

"I will." Mr. Guna answered.

Jake took a few trips and got the rest of the bags up while Mr. Guna and I talked.

I sent Jake home after giving him my thanks and a hug. Then I went back to my rooms, got showered and dressed. I was watching the camera in the garage where Mr. Guna would come down, but I guess he was settling in.

I have a desk and a terminal in the garage. I had Miranda bring me breakfast there. I ate and read the paper. Then I got up and started cleaning. My garage is pretty neat, especially by garage standards, but there's always tools that could be put away, sweeping, wiping and polishing.

I had just finished lunch when Mr. Guna came down.

I got up and put my tray by the door to the house where Miranda would pick it up and came back.

"Are you hungry now? Is there food I can offer you?" I asked.

"No. Show me your facilities." He said, nominally a request, but clearly an order.