Chapter 13 - TUX-

"Isang buwan na lang naman, tapusin lang natin iyon?"

I stared at her face wet with tears. Fuck! I hate this.

"Tux?" she called out.

"I'd rather you curse at me, spit at my face, or hurt me Shyna but not your face filled with tears. What did I do to make you fall in love with me? You know I can't do this."

"Akala mo hindi ko gustong gawin iyon? Araw araw iyon ang gusto kong maramdaman pero hindi ko napigilan ang sariling puso na mahulog sa iy-"

"Oh shut the hell up! Just shut your fucking mouth! I don't need it, and we're over!"

I hurried out and left her. I can't stay here with her. I need to go out, far away from her. It's late and here I am driving to nowhere. I repeatedly punched the steering wheel everytime I remember her words, those fucking cringing words!

I rented a hotel room and stayed there for the night, that was the plan but I extended it for three days. I was not ready to see her again but I was restless, I wanted to see her. I checked out from the hotel and headed to the pad after work.

The pad is quiet. The lights are off and the place is dark. There is no sign of anyone being there. My heart beats faster. My head became heavy all of the sudden, I couldn't breathe.

"Shyna?" I called out but there was no response.

The pad is empty, and so is my heart. I sat on the couch and stared at the ceiling where my eyes already adjusted to the darkness. She's gone. She's forever gone. It hurts. Why does it hurt so badly? I held my chest, trying to catch my breath but the more I breathe, the painful it gets.

Tears? You're fucking crying over a woman, Theodore? Where are your balls? Fuck! Fuck! Damn you, Shyna!

"Mr Fierro, line two is still waiting." Ysabel came in to remind me.

"Thanks Ms Abuelo." I said before picking up the receiver and answered it.

Time passed by so quickly. The night is already approaching. I stood up from sitting and stretched my self up facing the glass tinted windowed wall watching people on the street. My cell phone rang and picked it up.

"Yes, Brad."

"Tux, we're here at Greco's waiting." He said on the other line.

"Alright, be there in fifteen." I lazily turned off the phone and was heading out when Ysabel came in smiling and teasing.

"Hi, Tux. Wait, where are you going?"

"Out."

"It's been a while Tux, I miss you." She sulked.

"Not tonight Ysabel, I'm tired."

"Then when? I've heard that a hundred times but when is it gonna be? It's been a shitty three years since and I can even count easily how many times we did it. This is not you, Tux. You've changed."

"Ms Abuelo, I did not require you to take an overtime so that means I don't fucking need you. And I do not remember giving you the permission to question me and pry into whatever I do, whoever I fuck and wherever or whenever I want. If you don't like where we are now, then leave. I don't need a fucking demanding secretary."

"T-Tux.."

"I like you Ms Abuelo, you are competent and dependable. I also like the Ysabel who is sweet and playful, but that's all. You know the rules and you better follow it accordingly. And if you can't handle that anymore, you can leave it or stay, it's all up to you. I don't have time for this."