Chapter 15 -TUX-

Greco tried to hold me but I took my arm off from his grip. Nauna akong inilabas ng operating room pagkatapos ang pagsalin ng dugo. I decided to get up in contrast to the nurses order that I have to stay rested.

"I can manage Greco. That amount of blood won't kill me." Natapos akong magbihis. We quickly head to the operating room where Shyna's son is being operated on.

Shyna is in kneeling position, probably praying for his son's safety. Her hair is a mess. Her shirt at the back is torn and i can see the bandage taped on her back and shoulders. There are blood stains on her shirt.

"Shy.." Greco called and she looked up.

Her face is...pale, worried, and scared. There is only a tiniest life hanging in her eyes. It's as if...they're waiting to die, depending on the result of her son's surgery.

Mabilis itong tumayo when the doctor came out. He took off his mask and faced her.

"We were able to fix his broken ribs but it will take at least a few months for it to heal and go back to its steady function. We have to be careful in moving him. He has to stay here for at least a month for his recovery. And after that, he can go home but have to be here at least once a week for the theraphy for his full recovery for at least another two to three months. He's safe now thanks to the blood transfusion, he got his second life." Ngumiti ito sa akin at siya ding paglingon sa akin ni Shyna.

And then Shyna fell on Greco's arms lifeless. Greco is closer to her so he was able to catch her. At ako, I couldn't move. Seeing her like that shocked me to the core. After long years of being ruthless I felt fear all over my body again it sent shivers on my spine. Fear of losing someone dear to me.

"Tux!" Greco called out.

But I couldn't move. The doctor attended to her and called someone to bring her to a room to get checked.

"She's alright now. Nakahinga lang siguro siya ng maluwag after hearing that her son is safe. She needs rest after getting all these bruises and wounds from the accident. She's still in state of shock so she needs someone to support her. And Mr Fierro, your wife and son will be alright so you have to be strong for them. They need you more than ever now. Take care of them." The doctor smiled.

I'm just sitting on the couch at the foot of the bed while Greco is by her bedside. I can't find my tongue, it's like its frozen, and I can't find words to say. I can't think of anything.

"Tux.." Greco sat beside me.

Hindi ko siya nilingon.

"What's your plan now? She's here, and she's with your son. What now?"

I just looked at him. What the heck does he want me to do? I don't even know how to react right now. I'm...confused.

"Theodore, get your act together for Christ's sake! Hindi ka tumandang ganyan para maging gago. Enough with your self pity. Hindi lahat ng babae sa mundo ay manloloko. Not everything in this world is about betrayals and pains. And not everything is all about you. Hindi lang ikaw ang nasaktan sa mundong ito. At hindi umiikot ang mundo sa pansarili mo lang interes at hinanakit. Man up!" dinuro niya ang aking dibdib.

"What the fuck do you want me to do? Force her to be with me just because we have a son that I didn't even know exists if not for this accident?"

"No! At least try to patch things up with her especially now with a kid involved."

"I don't know!"

"Then you have to know! Don't live your life in regrets. I know you love her just admit it, dammit!"

"Shut up!"