"At least Bucky trusts me" {46}

*your pov*

You walk furiously outside "THAT JERK!" you shout at the ceiling and run down the stairs. You bump onto someone's back "Oh, I'm sorry" you say.

"Y/n?" You raise your eyes, it was Quill. He was talking with Gamora, you smile hiding your anger "Is everything alright?" He asks and you nod.

"Yeah yeah! The meeting is almost over, they had to talk about some details, so you can go in a couple of minutes" you smile at Gamora before quickly leaving the hallway.

"She obviously isn't alright" she says and Peter nods looking at you walking away "You should go talk to her".

"You are probably right..." he replies and smiles at her before coming after you. You get to the balcony and gaze at the city view.

"What happened?" Peter asks as he closes the door behind him.

"I'm sorry... I didn't want to interrupt your conversation... I know how much you value every moment with her"

"As I do with you y/n... what's wrong? Half an hour ago you were glowing, happiness was written on your face! What happened?" You take a deep breath.

"Nothing that matters..."

"Come on! At least tell me why you were happy..."

"Steve... we kissed" you smile.

"Told you, he likes you!" He says all excited and you let out a small laugh.

"Yeah..."

"How was it?"

"Amazing..." you reply closing your eyes, recalling that feeling.

"I'm happy for you!" you turn to face him with sad eyes "What happened during the meeting?"

"Sharon came..."

"Yeah I saw her on my way down and?"

"And she accused me... the way I work, I act in a mission... she doesn't agree with it"

"That's it? You are like this because of her?!?"

"NO OF COURSE NOT! I couldn't care less about her opinion..." you rub your forehead.

"Then?"

"It's Steve! He took her side! He said she was right! HE THINKS I ACT RECKLESSLY AND THAT I PUT BRUCE IN DANGER!" you turn your eyes to the city again. "After what I shared with him... After the kiss... After I talked to him about my mother... he... he..." the last words came out of you with difficulty as your eyes kept sending tears down your face. Quill comes closer to you and wraps his arm around you. You lean your head onto him and sigh.

"I'm sorry y/n... maybe things are not how they seem to be... maybe he didn't wanna be against you" you look up to him.

"Then why would he- Forget it... I don't wanna talk about him anymore" you say and Peter leans in and kiss your cheek. (Yes everybody Quill kissed your cheek but your backs were facing Steve. From his ankle Rogers thought Quill kissed you when he didn't)

"Everything will be fine..."

"I know..." you exhale and make yourself comfortable in his hug. You two stayed like this for some time until Bruce interrupts, a tone of guilt in his voice.

"Peter, y/n..." breaking the hug, you wipe your eyes and Peter squeezes your shoulders before heading to the couch.

"You need me to leave?" He asks; Bruce shakes his head negatively.

"What do you want Bruce?" Your voice soft letting him know you're not mad at him.

"I'm sorry... I should have talked earlier, not let her and Steve insult you" he sits on the couch.