pt. 1 # " court of the gods "

THE HARROW GIRL rushed through the busy streets, head held high while trying to get to her next small-time job

   THE HARROW GIRL rushed through the busy streets, head held high while trying to get to her next small-time job. She pushed between people, the busy streets often becoming a little overwhelming. The girl faltered, ḣ̷̜͙̜͖͓̐̋͒̐̔͂̕͘ą̶̢̦̱͍͚̩̪̝̈́̔̀͌͝͝t̸̻̿̄͛h̷̖͚̯̭̦͎̥̠͕̻̞̍͛̈́̽̿́̈́̈̀͜o̴͇̼̩̱̟͈͍̍̽̈́̇̀̾̇̿̋̇r̶̖̜̰͕̜̥̯̪̣̣̀̈́̎͂ͅ!̶͔̫̩̆̄̈́̽̅͜, a distorted voice shouted.

   In that moment of hesitation, her body collided against another. The buoyancy that held in her face dropped, the familiar ex-father-like god's voice began pounding in her skull. "Hathor, it's been so long, dear,"  Khonshu spoke, the two mortals confused at the sudden emergence of the god. "What the hell is that on your forearm?"

   Khonshu's avatar's eyes widened, and he tightly clasped his hand around her upper arm. He slammed her against the wall in a secluded alley, his eyes burning in hatred. "Will you two calm your tits?" Hathor scolded. She shoved him off of her, his own back hitting the other wall. "If you'd give me a moment to speak, you'd understand."

   He opened his mouth to speak, but Montu cut him off. "Khonshu! Hands off my avatar," They could both hear the gods. Typically, you were able to create a pathway between the communication, and their heads swirled with their conversation. "While your efforts may be valiant, she does not serve Ammit."

   Khonshu's avatar looked back at her, muttering an apology. "I'm a double agent," She huffed. "I'm gathering evidence inside the cult of Ammit, so I can prove to the gods that Arthur Harrow is guilty of conspiracy to open her tomb. But I can't do that if you're sniffing around. You're going to ruin all sense of respect I have."

   "That isn't fair. Harrow has messed with us just as much as you, we deserve to be a part of this." His avatar argued, looking at Hathor. Hathor scoffed at his dramatics, reluctant to hear him out. "He's defying everything people like us, Khonshu, and Montu stands for."

   "Montu stands for war, and Khonshu stands for justice, in case you've failed to forget."

   "Yeah, and if evil is broken from the root then there's no war. If there's no war, there's no vengeance. We're both out of a job," He argued with her. Hathor crossed her arms, looking at him skeptically.

   "We can trust this one. He's not your father."

   His avatar scoffed, then looked confused at the statement. "Father? Your father is Arthur Harrow?!" Hathor put a hand over his mouth.

   "You're going to get me killed." She hissed back. "Why do you think it's branded on my skin? It's an unfortunate birthright to have to follow Ammit until Montu found me." Hathor explained to him. "If we're taking down harrow together, it's under my terms."

   "That's flexible," He retorted.

   Hathor gave him a pointed look. She uncrossed her arms and held out her hand. "Hathor Harrow."