Oh, Midori Amami... Where do we begin

Let's talk about Mischievous Midori. Again.

If you read Rantaro x Yttd, we can all agree that we have found her actions ANNOYING. And she is far from the "innocent little girl" Rantaro makes her out to be. But that's because Rantaro is an unreliable narrator. He is biased in so many ways.

Shout out to _mewlady  !!!

(I was inspired to try a different style of shading after looking at her art book. I want to expand painting in different styles, so I played around with the "airbrush" type in clip studio paint and got this as a result. It still needs more work, but not bad???)

As you can tell from my art book, I have sprinkled exclusive sneak peeks and mini bonuses here and there. In this case, let's talk about Midori and what could be expected from her character arc!

But first, I want to clarify the reason her name is "Midori." Her sharing the same name as sicko salad hair is PURELY COINCIDENTAL. Before I learned about Yttd, I already had Rantaro's little sister's name picked out. (Because I was already working on my DRV3 fanfic, and I was going in-depth with Rantaro's backstory. Midori was already drafted as a minor side character, but she didn't have an appearance back then).

Believe it or not, that DRV3 WIP is actually my first writing project that I started in early 2021. However, I had put it off to the side since I had writer's block. After I finished playing YTTD (around July-August 2021???) I had a flash of inspiration for a crossover and saw the perfect opportunity to add Midori to the YTTD cast! And that's how Midori came to life!

Midori means "green" in Japanese, and I GENUINELY *thought* it was a cute little girl's name—not for a certain sicko. Ironic, isn't it?

I did think about changing her name to avoid confusion, but... Rantaro's little sister sharing the name with Midori (Sou) suits her in so many ways. And you readers know *why.* So in hindsight, it all worked out in the end!

* So in hindsight, it all worked out in the end!

(Rough Sketch. I know, I have a habit of messy lines. But that's how I practice my anatomy).

So sneak peek! xNonentity, what can we expect from Midori's character arc?

In Chapter Two... we will learn more about her backstory at the orphanage. We will also figure out the secrets she is "okay" with telling Keiji, but for some reason, not Rantaro???

Yes, Midori is annoying so far. (Don't worry. The author is aware and is not offended, lol. And I encourage readers to have opinions! Because my characters aren't perfect, so feel free to rage and express your honest thoughts in the comments!) 😁👍

Because yeah—I AGREE! Midori is the bratty little sister who's VERY mean to Gin and is sort of playing mind games with Rantaro. The little girl is giving her brother the run-around, and Rantaro is such a fool for her. Like come on. Chill with the sister complex.

(Cleaned up sketch

(Cleaned up sketch. What a difference. Lots of revising, that's for sure!)

It seems original characters tend to be a "hit or a miss" in the fanfiction world. I don't know why, but that's what I noticed? For some reason, OC's are not popular in fanfiction, which was weird to me when I first joined Wattpad. Because I'm so used to the concept of traditional literature books, where every character is an original character. Right???

Regardless, YTTD is an emotional rollercoaster so I'm keeping up with Nankidai's trend. Without spoiling too much, I have plans for Midori's character arc. Let's just say... there is a reason for everything.

INCOMING SPOILERS for Chapter Two's Main Game: In the original storyline, Gashu Satou (Kai's father) gave everyone a hint— To think about their upbringings. With that said, I had fun crafting Midori's character arc.

And that's all xNonentity I will share.

STAY TUNED! ☕