Chapter Twenty-Three

"Lucifer," I spit out, my gun not moving. I feel Ashton tense next to me. "What the hell do you want?"

"Where's Sam?" Dean growls, his gun trained on the devil.

"Woah, woah, woah, Winchester siblings!" Lucifer says, his hands jokingly raised in surrender. "One question at a time." He looks at me, "I'm here to help your lover escape Crowley." To Dean he says, "Sammy is asleep in the kitchen. He'll wake up in a little bit."

"Why would you help me?" Ashton speaks up, his voice faltering.

"He speaks!" Lucifer laughs, turning to him. "Simply put, it's Hell politics. Crowley wants to overthrow sweet mommy dearest and recrown himself the King of Hell. Good ol' Death herself wants to help that happen," he explains. "Obviously, I need Rowena to stay in power. Hell's been running smoothly ever since she took over."

"And so, you're asking for our help?" I question.

"Well, who else would I go to for a big morally grey team up?" the devil grins, walking down the steps. "So, what do you say?"

"What's the catch?" Dean asks.

Lucifer shrugs. "Let's call a truce?"

Dean and I give each other a look and then nod at Lucifer. "Fine, but if you cross us, I won't hesitate to kill you again," I say sternly, holstering my gun and slipping my hand into Ashton's.

"Come on, Averly! That's the thing I'm sensitive about!" the fallen archangel pouts at me.

I roll my eyes. "Dean, Cas, you two talk logistics with Luci here. Ash and I are gonna check on the boys and Sammy." Dean nods as Ashton and I run back to Calum and Michael's room.

As we reach the door, we overhear the three lads talking amongst themselves.

"What do you think is going on out there?" Michael asks.

"I wish I knew," Luke tells him. "Cas just told me that it didn't sound good and to hunker down here."

"I need this nightmare to end already," Calum sighs. "This is getting too crazy for me. How are Ash and Ave staying sane through all of this?"

"Well, this is literally Ave's job, Cal," Luke laughs. "Ash, on the other hand, I'm not sure."

I open the door softly, right as the three lads snap their heads in my and Ashton's direction. "Hey, you boys doing okay?" I ask as Ash closes the door behind us.

"I'd feel a lot better if I knew what was going on out there," Calum says, half-joking, sitting up in bed.

I take a seat at the desk. "Well, I'm not sure how you all will react," I chuckle.

"It's Lucifer," Ashton tells them bluntly. "He hates Crowley and wants to get rid of him, so he's asking for our help."

The three boys just stare at me and Ashton in disbelief. I give Ashton a light smack on the chest. "I was going to tell them gently!" I yell at him, rolling my eyes.

"So, the devil himself, wants our help?" Luke tries to understand. I nod. "And he doesn't want Crowley in charge of Hell?" Another nod.

"We're just a band!!" Michael exclaims, running a hand through his blond hair. "Why are we getting involved in the supernatural?!"

I walk over to Michael and wrap him up in a hug, letting his head rest on my shoulder. The blonde falls apart almost instantly, sobbing into my shoulder. "Sshh, it's okay, let it out, Mikey," I softly coax. I look up at Ashton, worry filling my eyes. He gives me a half smile as he leans against the desk.