Untold secrets?

3rd pov

Siren, Shoal, and Kappa all continued to talk for hours on end. Telling stories they had been through.

'I know the tales of the surface god and how to control the powers of the beacon. I can tell you a bit if you would listen.'
Shoal said, oddly calmingly. Kappa looked mortified, Sirens dad knew more about him than he did?! Wtf. "U-uhm sure?" Kappa answered, unsure. "Well, you can heal wounds, control every oceanic being to do your will, hear and see extremely well, and change your size whenever you want." Shoal listed. "That is all I know. What your other possible abilities are are beyond me. You are a force to be reckoned with, Kappa." Siren and Kappa were dumbfounded. The only thing they had learned about his powers is the communication with sea creatures?! This info would have been helpful so long ago. "Do you know how to teach me to use them?!" Kappa questioned curiously. "Nope! Not at all!" Says Shoal lightly. Kappa gives him a crushed look of disappointment. "I can try! If you want me to help." Shoal says. Kappa looks at Siren, then looks back to Shoal. "I would like to try."

Siren brings in a short breath through his sharp teeth. Why? Because he just cut his palm with the knife his mother gave him. His blood slowly seeps in the direction of home. This brings a saddening silence over the three travelers. "Uhm, shall we continue?" Kappa says awkwardly. "Uh ya! So Kappa, put your hands up to Sirens cut and focus your energy on his wound." Shoal says. Kappa gives him a sceptical look but follows orders. He looks at the wound on his beloved Sirens hand. His mind traces back to the time at his kingdom. When he blocked a slash from his mother directed at Kappa. He remembers how scared and angry he was that he couldn't protect him. He focuses his energy to the cut as well as he can. Siren widens his eyes as Kappa closes his slowly. Shoal watches from afar as.... nothing happens. Kappa opens his eyes to see the cut is still there and bleeding just as bad. What had gone wrong? Why can't kappa do it? Was he unable? Or was there a reason beyond him? None of them spoke for a good 30 seconds. What do they do from there?

Welp. What they do is bandage Sirens hand, and start reminiscing on why Kappa couldn't fulfill the healing power of the beacon.

Aaaaaand they'll talk about that in the next chapter. Sorry I haven't updated. Life has been crazy, and I genuinely only get the urge to write every once in a while. Byyyyye <3