Episode 1: Kal's Birthday

On this February 29th, the sun sets as the man named Kal-El leaves his job at the Institute Of Geology. After a busy day, he is happy to return home to his wife, Lyla Lerrol, and their kids, Van-El and Orna Kal-El. He enjoys his peaceful cruise home and wonders what Lyla and the kids are up to. Kal arrives and as he puts his keys in the door he smiles. He loves coming home to his loving family. Kal opens the door.

Lyla, Van, Orna, and many guests: SURPRISE!!

Kal's smile grows and he sees that many of his loved ones and friends are here to celebrate his birthday. Van and Orna run into his arms.

Van: Happy birthday, dad!

Orna: Happy birthday!

Kal tightly hugs his kids.

Kal: Thank you.

He looks at everyone, especially Lyla.

Kal: Thank you all.

Lyla raises her glass of water.

Lyla: To my husband, Kal.

Everyone raises their glasses to the man of the hour. Kal doesn't ask for much, but he is glad Lyla surprised him with a birthday party. As Kal greets everyone, his cousin Kara Zor-El greets him with a hug and lifts him off of his feet.

Kal: Haha! Getting stronger every day!

He touches Kara's muscles.

Kal: I see those visits to the gym every day are paying off!

Kal pats his belly.

Kal: I on the other, just keep getting this belly bigger.-

-Everyone around laughs.

Kal: I'm gonna have to start eating healthier and working out more. . . after I enjoy all of my cake from today!

-Everyone around laughs again and Lyla comes up to Kal with the kids.

Lyla: Hey. The kids couldn't wait. They wanted to give this to you now.

Kal is given yellow and black polarized sunglasses. He immediately puts them on and looks at himself in the mirror.

Kal: Splendid.

Orna: Do you like them?

Van: Do you!? Do you!?

Kal turns to his kids.

Kal: I love them. I don't think any of my other gifts can beat this one. Come here! All of you!

Kal hugs Van, Orna, and Lyla.

Kal: You're the BEST family a guy could ask for.

Lyla: And you're the best husband and father a family could ask for.

Kal and Lyla share a deep look into one another's eyes. It's as if everything is perfect. Kal-El is content. Someone looking at his life might say he has everything.

Kara: Let me get a picture!

Kara takes a picture of Kal, Lyla, Van, and Orna together. A few minutes later, Kal speaks with his mother, Lara Lor-Van.

Lara: Are you having a good time?

Kal: I am.

Lara can sense something is bothering her son.

Lara: What's wrong?

Kal: It's a shame dad's not here.

Lara: You know why that is. You know he's embarrassed.