Fei & Night

Scene: Airplane travels from Paris to Shanghai.

Scene: The taxi car drives along the streets of Shanghai.

Taxi Driver: So this is your first time in Shanghai miss?

Scarlet: Yes, I'm going to visit my grandmother for the first time in 14 years.

Taxi Driver: 14 years... Wow, I have seen you before... You are that YouTube singer in Paris... Scarlet waters right?

Scarlet: (smiles) Yep that's me.

Taxi Driver: a lot of people have been listening to your song every day. It's like you're that American woman Madonna.

Scarlet: (giggled) One day I will meet her.

Taxi Driver: Well miss you gonna love Shanghai. (Scarlet's phone receives a notification; Scarlet checks it.) it is the most beautiful city and scenery (Scarlet's phone shows a picture of Adrien) and some beautiful culture. (Scarlet looks at the skyscrapers.) you also might learn about the story of the Phoenix legend.

Scarlet: (Suprised) Wait the Phoenix legend?

Taxi Driver: Oh yeah, it says that millions of years ago a Phoenix spread her flame to restore life and nature that give people food and water. the people give their blessings to it.

Scarlet: (though) Terre...

Taxi driver: (sad softly) As years went by, the crop and the tree were dying due to the plague. With no food or water, the citizens are desperate for the Phoenix to use her powers but it never came.

Scarlet: (though) Terre's banishment by her leader.

Taxi driver: A lot of people are losing hope at the Phoenix, people are wondering where it is but nowhere to be found. I know it's just the story miss but... I wish it was real.

Scarlet looks at the window and signs softly.

Scene: Shanghai. Hotel room.

Adrien: (admiring the view of Shanghai) The Bund district is so impressive, Father! Have you ever spent time in Shanghai outside of work?

Gabriel: (checking a clipboard) Of course I have.

Adrien: Then there must be some places you could show me. It would be great to see them together!

Gabriel: I... suppose. But before we do, I have some details to work out for tomorrow's opening night.

Adrien: (saddened) I guess I'll just stay at the hotel and wait for you...

Gabriel: (puts a hand on Adrien's shoulder) On the contrary, take advantage of this beautiful day to walk around. I'll join you in the early afternoon. (Adrien smiles.)

Scene: Grandma Maylin's Good Fortune Restaurant.

A taxi car arrives and Scarlet gets out of the car with her suitcases. Scarlet paid the taxi driver and a photo and autograph for his daughter.

Taxi driver: thank you for the autograph, Miss. I appreciate it (he drives away as Scarlet waves to the taxi driver)

Scarlet looked at the restaurant as it got two beautiful Phoenix statues at the entrance. Scarlet pushed the glass's front door as she entered the dining area.

Maylin: (smiles) Welcome Scarlet.

Scarlet looked at the friendly elderly lady and saw she was behind a table which had a plate of stir fry on it with a fortune cookie next to it.

Scarlet: (Suprised) Woah did you...?

Maylin: (smiles) know you were coming? Of course, I did. (She smiles once more and pulls out a chair for her granddaughter.)