Chapter 51

Few days passed after the incident. Caveira couldn't look Matheus in the eye, whether it was out of sheer embarrassment or whatever, she couldn't bear to look at him. Anytime he tried to speak to her, she would walk away. Matheus was then called to Six's office. He saw Sledge, Ash, Blitz, Doc and Tachanka. "Why she call you guys here?" Ranger asked. "Beats me." Ash shrugged. Aurelia came into the office and looked at the five. "I summoned you hear to announce that I am now retiring." Aurelia said, the five leaders of their respective units were rather shocked. Matheus already knew but he was kept mum on the situation. She then approached each of them gave a small parting away gift. Ranger didn't really focus as his mind was still on Caveira. His mind was racing for an answer until Aurelia was infront of him. She handed him an envelope and she told him, "I'll call you when to open it." She said with a smile. Matheus nodded and placed it in his back pocket. She looked at them, "I am proud to have worked with all of you. I don't know what the future holds for Rainbow but under Harry's guidance, it will continue to protect the world." She said. As she left the office, everyone gave a heartfelt salute before she did one herself. "At ease." She whispered. The group then set their hand down and Harry came into the office. "She left some big shoes to fill. I'll do my best to help continue Aurelia's legacy." Harry said with a smile. "You're all dismissed. Except you Matheus. I'll need to speak with you." Harry said. "Someone is in trouble." Blitz said with a grin. Matheus stuck his tongue out at him. The rest of the group left, leaving Aurelia and Matheus alone. "There has been talks about a program that might come into effect. It involves some training and I think you would be a very good candidate. I've thought about recruiting some other operators for this as well." Aurelia said. "Thank you, what's in the letter?" Matheus asked. "Coordinations for the facility to get you cleared for the program. It'll involve psychological analysis and some training." She said. "It'll cover some other aspects but I recommend you open the letter when I call you." Aurelia said. She dismissed him, Matheus then gave her a hug. She was a bit taken back and felt stiff. He pulled away, "sorry ma'am. I hope things go well." Matheus said as he cleared his throat and straightened up. He then left the room and Ash was leaning on the wall, "how long have you known?" She asked. "Umm I got no idea what you're talking about." Matheus said. "Come on, you can't lie to me." Ash said with a half cocked smile. "For a while. Our Black Ops group is being shut down. We are gonna be joining 'officially' as Harry said." Matheus said. "That's good. So what are you and David going to do?" She asked. "Well...him and I are free agents. Right now we are just waiting for a job." Matheus said, crossing his arms. "You'll find something. Make sure to keep sparring and doing your training Matheus. We can't have you slacking." Ash said as she pat his arm. "Ah that's not gonna happen." Matheus said. His phone rang and he checked it out. "Looks like we got an opportunity." Matheus said as he wished Ash a farewell and went into Harry's office.

Matheus sat down and looked at Harry, "so, whatcha got for us?" Matheus asked. "We have a Marshal actually requesting some help to take down a religious cult down in Montana. They need someone who's experienced with the mountainous terrain and southern area." Harry said as he read the report. "Seems a bit low on the priority end to be rather honest." Matheus said, tilting his head. "I thought so but reports say that this cult is a bit crazy. I figure sending one operator wouldn't be too much of a problem." Harry said as he placed the paper down. "Hmm...well, I've always wanted to go somewhere quiet. Eh, why not. I'll be down." Matheus said with shrug and a smile. "Perfect." Harry said as he signed off. David then came into the room, looking at the two. "Well, what did I miss?" David asked. "Supposed religious cult down in Montana. They need some people." Matheus said, looking at his friend. "Ehhh, I don't know about that one mate. Maybe it's more in Matheus's area. Police work and all." David said as he scratched the back of his head. "Any other tasks?" He asked Harry. "That's all I have for now." Harry said. "Bugger." David muttered to himself. "Last chance. You might enjoy it! It's got nice mountain ranges! Wildlife!" Matheus said with a sparkle in his eyes. "Yeeeeaaaah that sounds fun but it's not my cup of tea, sorry." David said. "Ah well. I tried." Matheus said, patting his shoulder. "I'll get you a ticket to Montana, good luck Matheus." Harry said, Matheus shook his hand and went to pack his things.

As Matheus was packing his stuff, he heard a knock on the door, he turned to see Dokkabei who was leaning on the doorway. "Heard you're heading on a mission?" She asked. "Yeah, Montana." He said as he zipped up one of his bags. "Can I ask for what reason?" She asked as she got closer. "Religious cult that needs to be brought down. Why?" He asked as he turned around, noticing how uncomfortably close she is. She then smiled and held out a cow skull charm. Matheus took it and gave it a look, "this is cool...when did you have time to make this?" Matheus asked her. "Well, I've been wanting to do something with you since the last time we hung out was so long ago." She said. "Wait. Is the prideful Dokkabei asking me out?" Matheus asked with a sly grin. "Pfft, as if, I just wanted to hang out." She said, throwing a playful punch at his arm. "How's this. When I come back, we'll hang out. Sound good?" Matheus asked her. "How long will you be gone?" Dokkabei asked him. "I'll be out for I think a few weeks. Shouldn't take too long." Matheus said with a smile. He packed his bags and left his room to make his way to the airport.

Hope County, Montana

Matheus landed in Montana and took a cab near the Hope County police station. There was a Federal Agent there by the name of Cameron Burke. "Well, you must be the person they sent to help us arrest the Cult Leader." He said. "Yessir. Name's Matheus Moretti." Matheus said as he shook his hand. "So, what were you before joining that organization?" Burke asked Matheus. "Well, I was a Texas Ranger. I was fired though for insubordination." He said with a bit of pain in his voice. "You gonna give me any problems?" He asked Matheus. "No sir." Matheus said as he straightened up. "Doesn't a Texas Ranger out rank us?" A skinny man said, Matheus read his name tag and saw the name 'Pratt' on his name tag. "Texas Rangers don't have jurisdiction outside of Texas. However, his resume looks sharp. Wherever he came from, he's gotten noticed." A balding man said, Matheus read the man's name and it read 'Whitehorse.' He shook his hand, "Earl Whitehorse. Sheriff of Hope County." He said with a warm smile. "This here is Staci Pratt." He said pointing to the skinny guy next to him. Matheus shook his hand and smiled at him. "And...where is she?" Earl said. "Just getting the chopper ready!" She said, a woman with darker tan skin and black hair came out and looked at Matheus. "Who's he?" she asked Earl. "He's with me. My organization recommended I asked for a specialist and they sent me Rook here." Burke said, pointing his thumb to Matheus. "I've got a buddy named Rook back at my base. Really friendly guy, you would love him." Matheus said with a small smile. "Well, I'm Joey Hudson." The girl said as she shook Matheus's hand. "Nice to meet you." Matheus responded. "Gear up Moretti." Burke ordered, and Matheus went to one of the rooms to change from his casual outfit to his Rainbow gear, which was a white buttoned shirt, blue jeans and black cowboy boots with his trusty cowboy hat. He rummaged through his back and got his custom Model 1887 shotgun and M4A1 Assault Rifle.

As he changed, Hudson muttered, "it's a damn shame our new deputy isn't here. We could use all the help we can get." She said. "Yeah..." Pratt muttered. Matheus walked out and the four looked at him, "little armed to the teeth for a Texas Ranger." Whitehorse said. "I heard this cult might be more than just your average cult." Matheus said. He then walked with the group and got into the helicopter. Unbeknownst to them that this arrest would be anything but easy.