Chapter 14

After David's daring escape from base, David went back HQ to get a Jeep that was left abandoned and just drove straight to Detroit, Michigan. David played through the situations that could play out with William, his old friend on the phone. "Jaysus...hopefully you're still not mad about the thing." He muttered to himself. He arrived at around 1500 to his house. He knocked on the door and waited for a response. The door was barely opened and an eye poked through the crack, "David...? That you?" David gave a nod and smiled. He unlatched the locks and welcomed him in. "Thanks, for a second there I th-" David was socked across the jaw, he stumbled back and held his jaw and looked at William. "That's for what happened when we were in the Marines asshole." Will said cracking his knuckles. "She was bad for you. I did you a favor!" He argued. "Just in the future, let me learn on my own ok?" Will said. David nodded and looked at Will, who had a small Afro and a bit of a goatee. He was a bit taller than David but most male operators were a bit taller than him anyway. Will crossed his arms and stared at the small Brit. "So what the hell happened to you anyway, you look like you got someone on your tail." He said. David closed the blinds, and chuckled. "Yeah remember that secret organization I told you about?" William nodded, "yeaaaah?"

"Well they're kinda hunting me down for stealing some tech. And possibly starting a civil war within the base." David said. Will sighed, "see, when you first got deployed, your biggest problem was you stuttering when you talked and picking up girls. Now your stealing and starting civil wars. Anything good you want to tell me?" He asked. "Well, I'm dating a Polish and an Italian." David added. Will startled at him quietly, he hugged him tightly and shouted, "My man!" They both shared a laugh and sat down. "So what's the tech y'all were talking about?" David then reached into his bag and pulled out a watch. "Why the hell does this look like a damn omnitrix?" Will said examining it. "A what?" David asked. "You know, Ben Ten? The kid with the aliens?" Will asked.  David just shrugged, "Ok never mind then. Clearly you didn't watch T.V." He said.

"And clearly you dont get any my friend." He said with a smirk. "Welp just for that comment I'm not helping you."

"No no please." David begged. Will stood over him. "Oh how far you fallen." Will said in a deep voice. "Also it's in Japanese. And I know damn well you were in Japan to study after you got deployed." David said. Will nodded, "I'm a man of culture." Will said smiling. "And how was that if you don't mind me asking?" David asked. "Good, took some sword fighting classes, learned some Japanese." Will said. "Well some assassin used this and it turned into a super suit." David added. "What?! Where's my super suit?" Will asked.

"You dont get one." David replied.

"Why do you get one and not me?" Will asked.

"Cause I just murdered a wanker for this, now I'm done arguing." David said firmly. Will muttered, "bullshit, doesn't talk to me for two years and suddenly get a badass super suit." He took some tools out and started to mess with the watch, the watch sprung open and a female voice began to say "hello, welcome to the Samurai 2.0" in Japanese. Will jumped back a bit laughing, "damn, this is dope as hell." He continued. David looked outside then back at him, "hey you still can still find someone right?" David asked, "yeah, I'm still pretty good at it." Will bragged. "Think you can find someone who doesn't want to be seen or is good at hiding?" David said crossing his arms. Will bit his lip, "one of your guys?" Will asked. "Well, considering that anyone who talks to me will get hunted down by the agency I worked with. I can say he's hiding with someone else." Will nodded, "Got some names?" David looked at Will, "Craig 'Blackbeard' Jensen and Chul Kyung 'Vigil' Hwa."

Matheus woke up in a room next to some I.V bags and noticed he was handcuffed to the bed. "What the hell?" He tried to break free but to no avail, he saw his clothes and hat on a chair and tried to get up but groaned in pain, holding his shoulder. "Mother of Christ..." he said breathlessly. The door opened and Summer came in, looking at him with somber in her eyes. She saw her childhood friends in the hospital robe and tried to hold back the tears.

During the attack at H.Q.

Summer ran to where her boyfriend told her to go. "Alex! Where are you?!" She said to her ear-piece. A truck pulled up and the trunk doors swung open. "Hey baby!" He said smiling. She pushed him, "you assholes!!! You only said to get the info on their soldiers!! Not scale a full fledged attack!" She shouted. He held her wrists. "Hey hey relax ok? No one is gonna get hurt, we just gotta knock them off their feet." Alex said. "God! Look! Just get Matheus and David! If they find out I'm with you White Mask assholes they will never want to see me again!" She huffed as she got into the truck. "Ok baby don't you worry." He grinned. "Don't. Ok? Just don't. I didn't agree on my own. You and your group of assholes offered to help pay for my mom's treatment." She growled. The truck closed and it drove off. She then looked at her combat boots, hoping that her two life-long friends would be ok.

Present Time

Summer looked at her injured friend and sat down next to him. "Hey there dork." She said softly. "Summer?! Where am I...?" He said. She bit her lip, sighing softly. "You're at a White Mask base." She said. Matheus looked at her, "why am I handcuffed and not you as well?" He asked, shaking his wrist. Summer sighed softly and looked down. "Because she's with us buddy! She's a White Mask!" Alex said, being at the door way with some tea. Matheus looked at her, the look of disbelief pierced Summer like an arrow through a straw dummy. "Hey...hey I can explain..." she started, Matheus looked away and whispered. "Go away." He said coldly. "Just...go." He whispered. Summer got up and ran to the door, pushing Alex out of the way. He then got up and blocked the camera in the hospital room. "So, didn't know that your childhood crush was your enemy huh? Yeah it's rough man." He said as he pulled up a chair. Matheus continued to look away, not looking at him. "By the way, your buddy escaped. I could've done something to finish him off. I would have one less bug to squash." He hissed. Matheus then grabbed his throat with his free hand, he then felt the cold metal barrel press against his chest. "Try it. I would love to just pull the trigger and paint this bed red." He growled. Matheus then muttered, "you took her away from me..." Alex chuckled, "buddy, she came running towards me. I'm sorry that she didn't want to date a spineless hick like yourself." Matheus began to tighten his grip and he heard the hammer click. Matheus growled, "do it."

"Wait...what?" Alex said a bit shocked.

"I've lost the girl I love...my friend could be dead...those two were my family...and you...you took them away...you point a gun to a guy who's lost everything...amigo...I got nothing to fucking lose." Matheus growled, absolute spite and fury in his eyes. Alex just gave a chuckle and cocked the hammer back into the resting position. "I'm gonna have fun getting information from you..." he said. He then took the paper he used to block the camera off. He closed the door, Matheus laid there in the hospital bed, his anger building up, waiting to just explode.