To Evacuate in the case of a Fire

The More you read, the more you will learn about How to Evacuate in the case of a fire.

In order to Evacuate safely and securely while working in a workshop, is very important as you do not want to be the one having to be left behind or trapped without knowing what's going on.

It is everyone's worst nightmare to have to deal with a fire in a work place especially as a manger.
By law in the UK it is a legal requirement to have a Workshop plan in a visible area which will show you where to go in the case of a fire for example, the nearest Fire assembly point, it is also a legal requirement to have a evacuation plan put in place if there was ever a fire.

Depending on the severity of the fire it is also a Legal requirement to have some one who is Fire extinguisher trained on the premises at all times!!

Below you will see a list of fire extinguishers with the information of what they look like and what can be used for what:

1. Water - In this Modern generation Fire extinguishers have a complete new look, back in the day they would just be all one colour depending on the extinguisher so for a Water fire extinguisher it would be red but luckily to this day they are all still red.
Water Fire extinguishers can only be used OK n certain fires, you will find a list below of what fires you can and can't put out with water:
What you CAN put out:
1. Paper Fires
2. Wood fires
3. Textile fires
What you CANT put out:
1. Flammable liquid fires
2. Electrical Fires