Worlds Apart

You have to prove yourself". "I definitely will," she said with hope, something she hasn't had in her voice.

 The man said, "You must learn many, many things before you can become an official member of the organization". 

"How will I learn everything?" she questioned him.

"This Organization works off a system of ranks. The higher your rank is, the better everything gets for you. Ranks are upgraded when you complete certain requirements" Alivia had never experienced anything like this. The only that came to mind was her mother telling her about the ranks in the military.

 "You will first have to apply for certain missions applied by your rank, and then you must learn about the organization until you can become an official member," He said as he handed her some food and a form. She quickly ate the bread he gave her and looked at a booth of sorts with the top part saying "Apply for Missions Here". She went there the person who was behind a glass pane to apply for missions. 

The person responded, "It says here you have no rank, you cannot partake in anything, I really don't get why you came to me. You're not even a member or a student!"

"Right! Forgot to tell you." The man said as he walked towards her, "You must first take classes and learn about the organization, you will need this knowledge for a rank". Alivia asked, "Where can I learn about it?". 

The man said, "A special building teaches you it but you must have an ID requested first". The man pulled out a thin plate of steel and handed it to her "This is your ID, keep it with you at all times, I have also attached a piece of paper next to the ID which contains the location of the building". 

As she was heading back up the stair through the fancy door, the man stopped her. "Wait! Firstly you need to get this ID filled, it has my signature but it is of no use without your details. Go there first" 

Alivia looked to her right, where the man was pointing. She went to a woman who was sitting in her chair. Alivia asked to get the ID filled out. The woman asked her some of her details, like name, age and more and then wrote them down on the steel plate. 

Alivia thanked the man who helped her with all this and took the fancy door stairway up. She rode on her horse to the location. It took quite some time to get there.

 She saw two guards standing at the door and showed them her ID. A woman in a purple dress introduced herself to her. "Hello! You must be new here, let me tell you all about this place" The woman showed her how many things there were here, what things you could do and what this place was about.

She was handed a few things and a room. A man in a brown coat greeted her and said "This is the facility where you learn about the organization called The Empire, You need to follow a schedule and attend classes at the regular, the note attached to the things you were given will tell you about this building. A schedule is already taped on your study desk" 

She thanked the man and went towards her room.

 It was already late at night. She sat on the mattress and noticed how soft it was. It seemed like it was a mattress for a king. She laid her head on the pillow and it was extremely comfortable. This whole thing seemed extremely luxurious, it felt like it was meant for a noble and not some common peasant like her. 

She had not slept well for a while and sleeping in a room, in a bed, made her feel at home. 

She was woken up by the chirps and caws of birds and crows. She picked up her books, looked at her schedule and hurried to her class. She was five minutes late. A tall person with grey hair and a simple coat was standing near a table. He greeted everyone who came through the door. She saw that there were chairs and tables for everyone.