A New Hope

"I will," Alivia said smiling. The professor handed her a horse and told her the directions. Alivia quickly galloped with her horse. The building was near the facility. She checked her pockets to find her ID and some money.

She saw that her ID had been upgraded. It was a copper colour now. It still had her details though. She saw the massive building in front of her.

 She arrived at the location, showed the guards her ID and went downstairs. What she had seen a year and a half ago, this was it. 

A person quickly approached her and explained to her what she can do. She had access to goods transporting, guarding valuable locations, weapons management, combat missions and several other missions. Alivia had grown up, not only was she now a skilled warrior but a part of the biggest, most powerful organization in the world. She quickly started her work and hoped to one day become a V.G.

 She decided to do as many missions as she can. The Empire had a vast amount of resources, there were libraries filled with books about all sorts of topics, and there were advanced facilities which tested you were qualified to do special jobs. It was a majestic place if you scored well during your studying years. It had no discrimination and believed in a democratical system of management, where the members would vote against or for a certain idea to be implemented. She quickly applied for missions and spent the rest of her time in the library, reading about combat and management until she had to go home. She read the note in her other pocket which contained the location of her house. 

When she arrived, she was shocked to find a gorgeous two-story house. It was in her best interest to check out the house in the morning as she was exhausted. She quickly laid on the bed to find it was quite soft and comfortable. It felt like home. 

 She woke up in the morning to go to a market nearby. It was a nostalgic feeling, seeing the shoppers sell things to the customers. She steadily bought some food for herself and some food for her horse. She didn't forget to give some money to the poor people she had met before who greeted and asked her where she had been all that time. She went to work and did missions that were applicable to her.

Her missions were much more difficult, with things like working on machines that produced many different things.  The Empire had a massive amount of wealth. It came by collecting everything the people needed and selling it to the wildest corners of the world. The organisation Honey Co. made the most money by selling a lot of honey and honey-related products. Alivia had to weave fibres, collect honey, mine ores, collect materials and do other tasks. 

The Empire was also extremely well versed in agriculture. It had advanced techniques which not only boosted the crops but also got a better yield of crops. It seemed as if the Empire was into everything. 

She was receiving letters every month from the organization about her job. The point of these letters was to boost morale. Although it was extremely exhausting, every mission was a fun new challenge and her pay was better than what most knights got in kingdoms. 

She also frequently visited the library to learn more about the organisation. She made a lot of friends working so many jobs. Although a lot of jobs were still reserved for higher ranks, most of them were for much more valuable locations like storage and bases. The building she worked at also had the same facilities that were there in the "academy", the education facility she was at previously.

 One morning, she was going to apply for more missions when the site director stopped her and asked her to come to meet her in her office. The director explained that a highly classified meeting between her and some higher-ups in the organization is going to take place at an undisclosed location.