Chapter - 7 -

As I reached my front door, I saw it was open. I quickly rushed inside and I saw Jake sitting on the couch with Mom. Once they noticed my presence, they turned to me. "Good-" I was cut short when mum's palm landed on my cheeks. I felt a stinging pain on my cheeks.

My eyes became blurry because of the tears that clouded my eyes. "W-what was that for mum?" I asked with my voice trembling.

"You're going to get married to Jake and that's it" she said, before going upstairs. I was dumbfounded at what she just said. I glanced at Jake bitterly. He only looked at me before going upstairs.

I rushed into my room and cried uncontrollable. Why would mom want to force me into marrying Jake?. I wiped my tears and walked to my closet. I brought out a red sequenced gown. It had two step hands and an open back.

It was fitted on my body and was above my knee level. Nothing will stop me from meeting Charles's family. I must go for the party at his house. I quietly went to bed to avoid more quarreling.

-
I didn't want to wake up the next morning, but I forced myself to. I won't be going to the hospital today because, Charles will be at his parents house. My mind drifted to Cynthia. I haven't called her since yesterday. I picked up my phone and dialed her number. "Hello Cynthia" I said through the speaker, once she picked up.

"Hello Olivia, how are you?" She sounded a little bit tired.

"I'm fine though but, what about you?" I asked her.

"I'm getting better" she said.

"Should I come over?" I asked her getting emotional.

"Yes, please come over Liv" she said softly.

"Ok I will be there soon" I said before I hung up. I stood up from the bed and went to the closet. I wore a blue knitted cardigan and a blue jean trouser. My hair was still in a messy bun.

I quietly opened my door and went downstairs. I saw mum in the kitchen, while Jake was in the sitting room, watching the TV. I didn't want to talk to either of them.

As I opened the door,  cool breeze blew on my skin, causing me to shiver a little. I walked to Cynthia's apartment, still thinking about, how she will be feeling right now. I knocked on the door as I reached it.

It wasn't long before she opened the door. She quickly hugged me as I entered inside. "It's okay dear, don't cry" I told her brushing her hair. She pulled away after some minutes. We went to the couch and sat down.  "Have you called him since then?" I asked her.

"I did but he isn't picking my calls" she said sniffing.

"I think we should go to his house and find out what happened" I told her. She nodded and went to her room to change. She came downstairs after some few minutes. She was wearing a blue short gown.

"Let's go" she said as she approached the door. We took a taxi to Elvis house. It was a silent drive because we both looked out of the window throughout the ride. I know Cynthia has a good heart. She wants to go and apologize to Elvis for the way she behaved but she's still mad at him.

After sometime, the car stopped in front of his house. I paid the driver before we went to his door. Cynthia looked at me and took some deep breaths before knocking softly on the door. She knocked for about 5 minutes before the door was opened.

Elvis looked very angry as he was glaring at Cynthia. "What are you doing here?" He asked in a rude manner. Cynthia tried to hold his hands, but he shifted away from her grip.

"Please, I want us to talk about what happened" she said.

"There's nothing to talk about, you've already done your worst" he said, raising his voice a little.