Chapter - 22 -

"Stop running about kids, come here and wear your clothes. The party is about to start." I tried stopping Leo and Laura from running about. They stopped after many trials. I dressed the both of them in their birthday attire. Laura wore a flare pink gown that had a large basket in it.

Leo wore a pink suit. They both looked very beautiful and smart. When I was done dressing the both of them, the maid took them to their room, so I could also prepare. After freshening up, I dried my hair with my hair drier and wore a white body fitted gown. It had strap hands and an open back. I packed my hair in a tight and neat bun.

When I was done with my make-up, I looked so beautiful. Charles walked in and kept on moping at me through the mirror. I ignored him as I wore my stiletto heels. "You look so beautiful." Charles complemented.

"Thank you." I said blankly. He came closer to me and pulled me close to him, in such a way that our bodies touched each other very well. There was no space between us.

"You are truly a beauty in the eyes of the beholder." He complemented again.

"Thank you, now can you let me go l-"

"Shhhh!" He stopped me from talking. "Don't say anything else dear." He said as he cupped my face. "Let me just admire this goddess in front of me." He added. My cheeks flushed crimson red as my lips curled up into a smile.

"You need to stop now Charles, before the children walks in." I said trying to get off his hold, but he held me in place. "Let them come, and see how much I love their mother." He said. His breath washed down on my face as he brought his lips to my neck. I closed my eyes in pleasure as his lips went round my neck.

Suddenly, we froze in our position as the door was flung open. Leo and Laura ran in and came to us. "Mummy! Daddy!, Grandma and Grandpa are here." They both chorused.

"Ok we will be there right away." I told them, as I pushed Charles off me and followed them downstairs. When I got to the sitting room, I saw Mr White and Barbara sitting on the couch. "Good evening dad." I said, as I went to him and hugged him.

"Good evening dear, how are you?" He asked.

"I am fine, thank you." I said, smiling at him. I turned to Barbara and saw pity in her eyes. She suddenly came to me and held my hands.

"I know I've not been a good mother in-law to you. I have always hated you, since the day you came into our family. Please forgive me my dear." She pleaded, with tears in her eyes.

"Don't apologise, you are like a mother to me and I never had any grudge against you, okay?" She nodded and I pulled her for a warm embrace.

"Enough of the emotional scene, let the party get started, guests will soon be here." Mr White said as we both laughed. Soon, the house got filled up with guests. Everyone had drinks in their hands as they chatted with each other. Barbara and I, sat on the stool near the kitchen island discussing, when suddenly, my attention was drawn to Charles.

He came downstairs, dressed so elegantly as he wore his peach suit and black shoes. His hair was damp with gel and his aura filled the atmosphere, including his fragrance. He was smiling as he came to us. "Good evening mom." He greeted Barbara.

"Good evening son, how are you?" Barbara asked, as she cupped his face with her hands.

"I am fine. Seems like you two have finally gotten along." He said, smiling at both of us.

"Yeah, we have." Barbara said as she held my hands in hers. I gave her a gleamy smile.

"Where are the kids?" Charles asked looking around.